Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Wild Shape Token change with Rollable Table?

Is it possible to setup different character tokens for wild shaped versions of the same character that the player can swap to? I had some great success doing something similar with an "invisible" token a while ago, and I'm wondering if I can set it up similarly for different wild shaped tokens for a player? (The player of the invisible token option can flip it himself which is super cool)
You can setup different images of the same character, that is why work for invisible characters.  But for wildshape you cannot add different characters to a rollable table. without API, you only can do a folder with the Animals for Wildshape change the stats base on the character and give permission to the character to use them. With API is possible to automated with Token-mod or the wildshape API.
I believe Warlord is right BUT, you can make a rollable table for Wolves for example, having different color of Wolves. Then make a copy of the Wolf NPC sheet, and change its default token for the rollable token, then give control to that NPC sheet to your Druid player. No matter the token the player would flip to though, the attacks and skills would remain the same. I personally wouldn't do for Wildshape, mostly due to the shear amount of NPC sheets a Druid would have access to... But a PC with Invisibility, Disguise Self and/or Polymorph, I would totally make their token rollable ^.^

Edited 1662796578
easiest way to handle wild shape is just to drop the creature onto the VTT and change the "represents" field to the character and tell the player what attacks are available so they can add them to the sheet.  Then, if a player makes a habit of changing to one particular animal, add that animal's token to the player's token rollable table and re-attach the new token to the sheet.

Edited 1662918114
Scott
Plus
I think I can make this work. I've already gone a bit overboard with wildshape forms.  I asked my player what forms he would be most often taking and made about a half-dozen tokens for chracters representing each form for the character.  (Including moving skills and saves and the mental stats that are preserved by druid shape change). I have now changed his gnome token that i was using "Is Drawing" setting for to preserve its small size into a real token as I posted the method for this here . Now that I've done that, I think I have to re-setup each token again for the Rollable Table function, but as he has control over each of the characters, I think it would let us swap between the characters from the slider bar.... I'm just going to need to re-setup each token one at a time, and link the token to the characters. I'll let you know if it works.