Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Doorknocker - anyone else having trouble with it recently?

Hi all, I've been using Door Knocker for a while now without issue.  Tried using it on Wednesday evening's game and it did not work.  Specifically, I have a macro that uses the following command: !knock --push|toggle|5 Tried to use this on an unlocked door colored the default green (#00ff00.)  I confirmed that the associated handout is still set to indicate the same color for unlocked doors. I then created a brand new game with only Door Knocker installed and tried the same steps, still does not work. Anyone else having issues? -Adam
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, thanks for the report Adam. Couple questions: Did your map have grid enabled? Did other API commands work?
Scott C. said: Hmm, thanks for the report Adam. Couple questions: Did your map have grid enabled? Did other API commands work? Hey Scott, Yes, grid is enabled. None of the API commands tied to Door Knocker work as far as I can tell.  API commands for other scripts work just fine (i.e., sandbox did not crash.) I don't know if this helpful at all, but when I send the command in game, in the Mod Output Console it produces the following message: "validDoors:" {} Here is a copy -Adam
I have the same problem! the doors created before the modification of the transparent barriers work regularly. Those created new no longer work.
the same with search doors!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, interesting. Not sure why new walls would have an issue, but I'll dig into it this weekend. Thank you for the additional info Mauro. Is that your experience as well Adam?
Scott C. said: Hmm, interesting. Not sure why new walls would have an issue, but I'll dig into it this weekend. Thank you for the additional info Mauro. Is that your experience as well Adam? Yes.  I loaded up an older campaign and the doors (both unlocked and locked) worked as expected. Good catch Mauro D. -Adam
I have a similar problem in that no command seems to work to open/close any doors, but the script was working fine the last time I used it (late 2021). Any new maps I use with DL just doesn't work. I suspect it's the colors perhaps - I'm using custom ones instead of the default ones, and although I know the rgb and hex colors point to the same thing, that's really the only thing that's changed. I've deleted ad re-added the script to no avail - it still shows my custom changes. I'd share my k0dmoutput console if I knew how, sorry!

Edited 1661618693
New door New door Old door open old door close New door
Same exact behaviour here !  (I was starting to think i was the problem once again, because of the grid and other things i had with it at start x) ) I created and mapped an area, and when i put my player on it, doors weren't working on this map, I've directly tested on previous map, and it still work on previous ones. I hope you find the issue, your script is really usefull ! Thanks for the work you've done :)
I feel it's how the color is saved in database, when i input rgb color and save, when i re open, it have been parsed and now show as "rgb(x, x, x)", depending on how you test the color i feel it's that, they didn't made something to convert old values to new, so old doors still works, but your way to match door doesn't fit actual behaviour ... but you still need to keep retro compatible for old values :/ hope it helps
Yeah it's definetly the colors, i've forked your script and by debugging now it receives a 'rgb(r, g, b)' instead of '#RRGGBB' i found a somehow fix for tryharders ... xD - go to dynamic lighting layer, on previous maps - you CLICK a previous door, it kinda "copy" the color and wall type - go to new map - draw your lines of THIS type of color rince and repeat for all kind of doors for previous colors ... kinda tedious but works for now T_T i'm searching how to adapt the script but it's the first time i get a real look into it, might take some days to offer a reliable solution
I just had an odd thing happen: I was checking on a map that I plan on using this Sunday. I pressed CNTRL-L on a character token and was moving it around the map to see how the lights looked; coming to a door behind which was a light source, I tried to open it using a Doorknocker token macro and instead of opening, I saw the light beyond the door  flicker  in the token's vision and the door did not open. It was as if the barrier stopped blocking vision for only a few milliseconds before blocking it again. I tried the same thing on several other doors on the same map and everything worked fine. I checked the color of the weird door and it was the same hex value as the other, normally functioning ones. I "fixed" the problem by changing to the DL layer, deleting the weird "door", copying an existing "door" and pasting it in its place.

Edited 1662072144
Ok i found a solution that work for now handlePath = function ( obj , prev ){     prev = prev ||{};     if ( obj . get ( 'layer' )!== 'walls' ){         return ;     }     // I ADDED THIS     let rgbRegex = /rgb \( ( \d {1,3} ) ,\s ? ( \d {1,3} ) ,\s ? ( \d {1,3} ) \) / , ret ;     if (( ret = obj . get ( 'stroke' ). match ( rgbRegex ))) {         let finalStroke = `# ${ Number ( ret [ 1 ]). toString ( 16 ). padStart ( 2 , '0' ) }${ Number ( ret [ 2 ]). toString ( 16 ). padStart ( 2 , '0' ) }${ Number ( ret [ 3 ]). toString ( 16 ). padStart ( 2 , '0' ) } ` ;         obj . set ( 'stroke' , finalStroke );     }     // I ADDED ABOVE THIS     let newPath = templatePath ( obj ),         colorRegex = new RegExp ( ` ${ state . DoorKnocker . windowColor } | ${ state . DoorKnocker . breakableColor } ` ),         proceed = false ;     if ( colorRegex . test ( obj . get ( 'stroke' )) && /L | C | Q/ . test ( obj . get ( '_path' ))){         proceed = true ;         newPath . _path = toTransparentPath ( newPath . _path );     } else if ( prev && colorRegex . test ( prev . stroke ) && /, \[ "M"/ i . test ( obj . get ( 'path' ))){         proceed = true ;         newPath . _path = toOpaquePath ( newPath . _path );     }     if ( proceed ){         obj . remove ();         let newObj = createObj ( 'path' , newPath );     } }, Hope it helps ! edit for non dev users : you have to "import" DoorKnocker instead of add, find the " handlePath" function (around line 1080) and add what i added
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the independent trouble shooting folks. I've gotten a bit buried with some fires at work, but hopefully will be able to push an official fix for this over the weekend.
No problem, Happy to help :) Btw, with my temporary fix, looks like windows are bugged, when you set a transparent wall of the color you set as window, it behave weirdly, sometimes restrict movement, sometimes not ... hope it helps ^^'
I haven't even been able to access the setting for Doorknocker.
Any updates on switching how the default colors are inputted? It seems the issue stems from Roll20 changing the colors to (r, g, b) instead of #xxxxxx values. 
If you use the !Knock --adapt|door command then all selected path with a particular color will switch to the color used in the dk script
Lionel V. said: If you use the !Knock --adapt|door command then all selected path with a particular color will switch to the color used in the dk script I just tried this and things went strange. While on the DL layer I drew a polyline to represent a door,  selected that polyline, typed !knock --adapt|door  in the chat window and hit return. Instead of the polyline changing color, it just disappeared. I checked to see if it got "sent to back" but that wasn't the case. I put the Doorknocker token nearby and tried to "close" the door (both !knock --key|open and !knock --key|toggle ) but it still didn't reappear. Another odd thing has started to happen as well. The following screen shots are of a map that I successfully used in a previous game session without issue: The Doorknocker script operates the "door" when the token is in the position shown in the first picture, but does not work with the token in the second. This is just one example; there are several places where the token has to be in a certain position for the command to function: !knock --key|toggle works as expected, even though only part of the "door" is adjacent to the token: !knock --key|toggle does not  work at all, even though the "door" covers all of the square's face adjacent to the token:
Scott C. I just wanted to touch base again and hope that a fix for the new RBG color scheme will come out.  Right now, I'm copying old doors over.  The adapt command is not working for me either, likely because I have the old hex code in there.  I get something that says "Access the Control Panel" which is a link back to the Door Knocker Character Sheet. Thanks for any advance on the code for this.  Door Knocker is a HUGE time saver in game play. Sean
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
While the adapt command isn't working, the preset command does work.  That changes the door knocker preset color to the color of the line you have selected.  At least, it has worked for me, so that might be worth a shot for you until Scott has the time to update the script.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hey all, I'll be tackling this before my game tonight. Should hopefully have a solution for the merge this week.
adapt still works for me. Same for open and close commands.  The only thing that is not working for me but that's apparently normal is the window color.  Don't know if there's a possibility to reference a colored dotted line to then act as another openable "door"... ?
I'm also having trouble.   I'm trying to use Door Knocker but I can only open doors (locked and unlocked) if I have the selected token actually sitting on top of the door that is to be opened.  Searching for door does't work at all (although I got it to work one time setting the range to "40" but not since).  I do not use the grid on my maps but thought that setting a range would work without the grid being active. Sometimes It seems that I have to double click to get the doors to open.  I'm a relative API noob so some amount of user error may be a factor. I've spent about 15 hours trying to figure out the problem so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited 1665358698
Stik
Pro
After re-reading some of this thread, I used the !knock --adapt to change the color of my locked and unlocked doors and now to open, close, and toggle l ocked and unlocked doors with a single click if the Door Knocker token (or a selected character's token) is moved as far as it can be moved onto the door to be opened, closed or toggled (about 1/3 of the token).  If the token only overlaps the door less that this the three functions only work with a double click. (And toggle only works for unlocked door using the toggle unlocked macro but not the toggle doors macro.) !knock --key|open/close/toggle|page functions for all of the doors on the page when enter it in the chat (haven't tested it as a macro), but  !knock --key|open/close/toggle|all fails.   !knock --search still doesn't work for any range setting nor if the token overlapping a door. Looking at the Mod Output Console, I'm not seeing any response to any search commands (I'm assuming that something should.) I hope this info helps someone to give me any guidance they can offer to help me resolve this issue.

Edited 1665426699
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hey all! I apologize for the delay getting this updated, but I've just submitted v1.3 to the repository. This should fix all the issues reported here, as well as a few other long standing bugs. Note that the new version does not have a window color any more. Your current window color will be used to power the transition to the new system, but won't be accessible to edit anymore. See the new script thread for full details .
Scott C. said: Hey all! I apologize for the delay getting this updated, but I've just submitted v1.3 to the repository. This should fix all the issues reported here, as well as a few other long standing bugs. Note that the new version does not have a window color any more. Your current window color will be used to power the transition to the new system, but won't be accessible to edit anymore. See the new script thread for full details . Thanks Scott - I look forward to testing it out later this week. -Adam
Scott C. said: Hey all! I apologize for the delay getting this updated, but I've just submitted v1.3 to the repository. This should fix all the issues reported here, as well as a few other long standing bugs. Note that the new version does not have a window color any more. Your current window color will be used to power the transition to the new system, but won't be accessible to edit anymore. See the new script thread for full details . Scott you absolute legend!!! does this mean the script library version will be updated? If so does anyone know when?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yes, the script library will be updated at the next roll20 merge; hopefully today.

Edited 1666205977
Hi I don't see the update live so i imported it from your merge It looks like it works for all the actual doors, but when i try to create new ones, when i search they "glow" as a valid door, but when i try to open, the new ones never toggle, even with gm keywords/account But all the previous ones works perfectly i discovered that while trying to toggle a window, so i was changing his color and type of path, and nothing worked ... so i investigated. screen : (1st i search, then i try toggle)

Edited 1666240450
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
hmm, odd. I'll see if I can replicate on my end this weekend. Groch, can you post that bug report on the script's new forum thread ? and include: a screenshot of the page settings for that page A screencap of your door knocker settings page A screencap of the color picker for the door in question