Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Settign up a Macro with Multiple "Choose the number of Dice" options

Edited 1408644863
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hello all, I'm working on a Don't Rest Your Head campaign, and trying to get the different dice pools dealt with. For those not familiar with the game, basically on a given conflict, you might be rolling dice from one or more different d6 dice pools. These pools are color-coded to tell them apart (because it matters which pool rolled the most sixes). In order to deal with the different colors of dice, I've built a handful of Rollable Tables with dice side images, and named them appropriately. Now, ideally, what I want to do now is make a single "roll" macro that has something like this: /roll ?{Number of Dice}t[Discipline] /roll ?{Number of Dice}t[Madness] /roll ?{Number of Dice}t[Exhaustion] Idea here is that the players would use the macro, and Roll20 would ask them how many of each type of dice there were going to roll, in sequence, and the table results would show up in the chat log. The problem is, when I do the way I have above, it only asks "how many dice" once, and then rolls that number of dice for all three pools, which isn't workable, so instead of one macro I've got three separate macros ("Roll-Discipline", "Roll-Madness", "Roll-Exhaustion") -- this works, but it's inelegant, and I suspect that it *could* work the way I want, if I only had better macro kung-fu. So: anyone out there have any tips on this? Related question: is it possible to set up more advanced dice rolling function with a rollable table? What I'm looking for is something like /roll ?{Number of Dice}t[Discipline]<3 , but that seems to break the parser a bit. Is this simply not an option with tables?

Edited 1408646197
You just need to change the ?{Number of Dice} to be different from each other or it will re-use the same value for each one /roll ?{Number of Discipline Dice}t[Discipline] /roll ?{Number of Madness Dice}t[Madness] /roll ?{Number of Exhaustion Dice}t[Exhaustion]
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks! Any thoughts on the followup question? Related question: is it possible to set up more advanced dice rolling function with a rollable table? What I'm looking for is something like /roll ?{Number of Dice}t[Discipline]<3 , but that seems to break the parser a bit. Is this simply not an option with tables?
Try enclosing everything to the left of < in curly braces. { } /roll { ?{Number of Dice}t[Discipline] }<3
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Yes! Thank you. :)
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Doyce! Hello, it's Alan/Paul Ooshun - I'll drop you an invite to show you what I've done with this if you'd like?
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
That'd be great, Alan. Thanks. :)