Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Template:Simple - Help With Drop Down Menu

After hours of frustrating myself with something you all will probably slap your head on (and because I have no idea how to code), I'm pleading for some assistance! I want to take the code here for a drop down query macro: &{template:default}{{name=Loot Roller}}{{?{Need or Greed?|Need, NEED [[1d100]]|Greed, GREED [1d100]]}}} And turn it into something more aesthetically in line with the rest of our game by using the template:simple.   The problem I'm having is labeling each drop down category and having it still roll the 1d100 while displaying that name.  I know this code.... &{template:simple} {{rname=Loot Roller}} {{normal=1}} {{r1=[[1d100]]}} ?{Need or Greed?| Need | Greed} ...it'll display the name.  And to add in the mod (need) or (greed), I need to the {{mod=need}} somewhere.  But every time I place the rolling code or the mod code within the query brackets, it doesn't understand and ruins the drop down function.  I'm sure it's a simple thing, perhaps labeling?  But I have no idea how to do that. And so I leave it up to the community!  Can you help please and thank you?  

Edited 1664198848
I don't know if this is what you need but this is the code I tested: &{template:simple} {{rname=Loot Roller}} {{mod=?{Need or Greed?|NEED|GREED}}} {{r1=[[1d100]]}} {{normal=1}} result
*chef's kiss*  My hero!  Life saver!  Thank you so much!  
No problem