Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Drag/Drop Spells

For some reason I cannot drag/drop spells into my character sheet. Tried in Edge and Chrome, ones I've tried are class/level appropriate. My computer was wiped recently (had to actually reinstall Chrome to test this on there). It will say "Accepting drop from compendium" but nothing shows up. Any help will be greatly appreciated (so do not want to enter everything manually).
Gauss
Forum Champion
Are you dropping right onto "Accepting drop from compendium" or are you dropping the spell onto the sheet? The little popup window can block it from dropping onto the sheet. 

Edited 1664644470
I've tried both methods. When the message bubble is up it's like the window behind can't be interacted with.

Edited 1664646359
Gauss
Forum Champion
Just making sure, you haven't popped the character sheet out into it's own window have you? 
I had at first but learnt that lesson. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Could you please screenshot your game as you try to drag/drop?
I can't seem to get an image of it to save
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, when you say you cannot get an image to save, could you provide the steps you are attempting?

Edited 1664648882
As I'm hovering over the popup with the spell I'm clicking the print screen key on my keyboard. I'm on a laptop and without a real mouse, can't let go of the spell to open and use snippy tool. The capture won't save as an image, can only paste it elsewhere but it is too large to share here as a comment.
Was able to take these on my phone.  With popup and without. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok...please try to drop it on the area that is NOT in that little popup. When the popup appears...do not hover over it. 
I've tried that, still nothing.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Are you using any extensions? Is the owner of your game using an API script?
I'm not. Not sure if they are and they are currently unavailable to check with.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, lets do this...I will send you a PM to one of my games, see if you can do it there. If you cannot then the problem is not the game. 
I've had this same issue intermittently. Some days it takes two or three tries to drag and drop something from the compendium onto a character sheet, sometimes it works flawlessly. On days when things are moving slowly on the site, I've learned to wait 5 or 10 seconds after drag-and-dropping an item before re-trying or risk getting multiples.
I've been at it for 2 hours now. Tried waiting between drops. Closed windows. Logged out of game. I would happily accept multiples, at least then something is there.
ok Gauss, let's try
Gauss
Forum Champion
I sent you the invite. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Result: Ally was able to drag/drop in my game. This leads me to believe it is an issue with their game. 

Edited 1664862099
Ally M. said: For some reason I cannot drag/drop spells into my character sheet. Tried in Edge and Chrome, ones I've tried are class/level appropriate. My computer was wiped recently (had to actually reinstall Chrome to test this on there). It will say "Accepting drop from compendium" but nothing shows up. Any help will be greatly appreciated (so do not want to enter everything manually). Are you on the "Core" or on the "Spells" Tab of the Sheet? If you are on the "Spells" Tab, try the "Core" Tab of the Sheet...
I've had intermittent issues with the spells not populating after dragging over. Sometimes it transfers on the first try. Sometimes nothing happens. Sometimes I drag over the same spell 6 times trying to get it to work, only for the 7th attempt to drop 7 copies of the spell all at once.  It happens in any game, and without clear pattern as the issue is not consistent even within affected games and occurs across multiple devices.