Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Attack Roll](!attackroll) How do I get this API into this Macro? (Attack button in Chat Output)

Edited 1665096603
Zym
Sheet Author
I know that one (or a few) of you clever clogs have done this (or know if this is possible). I've tried to look around the forums  /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Archer}} {{description= When you activate this form, **and as a bonus action on your subsequent turns** while it lasts, **you can make a ranged spell attack**, hurling a luminous arrow that targets one creature within 60 feet of you. On a hit, the attack deals radiant damage equal to 1d8 + your Wisdom modifier. [Attack Roll]( !attackroll ) }} I am trying to swap out !attackroll for the attack located on the attacks and spellcasting page . %{Kalina|repeating_attack_-N9wTfpOuvjInfHOaGaF_attack} I am doing this so that my player can click a macro and choose the various forms. One form leads to an attack, and I wanted a macro button in the chat box so they could click. I did just press the arrow up and copied the script as a macro on their character sheet, but realised this method wasn't future proof for when they level up . So I really trying to put the macro that is directed from the sheet so no matter the level it will always roll the right dice and the right modifiers.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I think it would be like this: /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Archer}} {{description= When you activate this form, **and as a bonus action on your subsequent turns** while it lasts, **you can make a ranged spell attack**, hurling a luminous arrow that targets one creature within 60 feet of you. On a hit, the attack deals radiant damage equal to 1d8 + your Wisdom modifier. [Attack Roll](~Kalina|repeating_attack_-N9wTfpOuvjInfHOaGaF_attack) }} Or possibly you need to replace Kalina with whatever @{selected|character_id} returns.  It's been a while since I messed with it...
Zym
Sheet Author
Hey Aaron ! That worked ! +1 for the mad tricks !