Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hex Crawl Question About Mapping

I am planning a Hex Crawl Campaign.  In a traditional Hex Crawl Campaign, the players create their own map and the GM doesn’t correct them if the get it wrong due to getting lost.  How could you do this in Roll20?

Edited 1665123543
Step 1: Create a page and enable the Hex Grid V or H option. Step 2: ask the players to draw on the hex grid using the draw tool (make a map).  Bonus points if you put a texture like parchment on the background layer, use tokens with hover text, or other such amenities.
Duh, I feel so dumb now. I was trying to make it way more complicated than it was.  Thanks!  Wow!
Gauss
Forum Champion
Another option would be to provide tokens for each hex type. Forest, hills, plains, swamps, etc.  As they explore each hex they fill it in with the hex type.