Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hide tooltips from players, not from GM

I want to be able to easily move my mouse over the token to see all the helpful info, like who has Darkvision(x ft) and who has what resistances, but if I click "show" for tooltips, players can also see it. I don't want to keep having to double click a token they are fighting to see a list of things it has, and would rather just move my mouse over it. If I use nameplates, then they are always present and write over each other.
I like tooltips to also show all the spells an NPC has access to just by moving over it, but don't want the players to see all of that. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
This is probably best as a suggestion in the Suggestion forum, there may even be one already.  I for one, would like a GM only tooltip. 
Gauss said: This is probably best as a suggestion in the Suggestion forum, there may even be one already.  I for one, would like a GM only tooltip.  Thanks for the suggestion, I'll get on that.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This was the top request in the feedback thread for the rollout of this feature. Best of luck, because I would also dearly love this ability. If you post such a suggestion, please link it back here. I have some open votes.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Looks like it's here , Keith
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks. I actually found two, and upvoted both, as soon as one of them reaches 10 votes, I'll pull my vote from the other. I've also looked at some recent suggestions, and some are really difficult to vote for. Too many of them are "here is my list of improvements to be made". That really doesn't function within the parameters of the forum. One suggestion per thread will get much more traction and be easier for the dev team to track.
Gauss
Forum Champion
keithcurtis said: Thanks. I actually found two, and upvoted both, as soon as one of them reaches 10 votes, I'll pull my vote from the other. I've also looked at some recent suggestions, and some are really difficult to vote for. Too many of them are "here is my list of improvements to be made". That really doesn't function within the parameters of the forum. One suggestion per thread will get much more traction and be easier for the dev team to track. Could you link both?