Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Classic Battletech

Lee Pruitt
Marketplace Creator
Hey Guys, I've been tuning up a Classic Battletech game with my friends and we're having a really good time with it.  I made maps and tokens from scratch and cooked up some character sheets which work pretty well for tracking stats during gameplay.  The little bubbles over the tokens work well for managing rising heat, built up heat and hexes moved for combat purposes.  We've had some epic battles. There are 8 BattleMechs all in Gunmetal or Forest Camo which are modeled after the Commando, Raven, Jenner, Hunchback, Trebuchet, Jagermech, Vulture (Mad Dog) and Mad Cat. Look me up in LFG and post there if you're interested.  It's under Battletech or Classic Battletech.
Keith
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Very, very cool.... Where did you get the Mech icons?
Beetroot McKinnley said:  I made maps and tokens from scratch Agreed, very cool!  Kudos to you! Huzzahs!
Lee Pruitt
Marketplace Creator
Yeah, I make them from scratch.  What I do is keep a bitmap image on my computer that I edit with paint.  I make a piece, like a gun for example, and I save it off to the side.  That way after making 3 or 4 of them, I have enough parts to cobble together other 'Mechs.  It's actually quite an addictive process :) The next thing I'm working on is making "state" tokens, like prone mechs, and destroyed mechs, that I'll add to a rollable table so that when your mech is prone or destroyed,  you can just click "select face" or whatever and it'll be a different tile.  Also, the card decks have limitless potential within my metagame for things like mission contracts and salvage randomization (e.g. I'd make a card deck of Raven parts and when you win the field, you draw a few from the deck which is your salvage for the mission). Thanks J.T. for the comments :)
My god Battletech! I only played once for a month with an asshole GM. I stopped playing with him but still loved the game. Id love to play :P I really would.
I wouldn't mind a mechwarrior campaign
Lee Pruitt
Marketplace Creator
Thats awesome guys!  Im at am airport right now but ill invite you when i get home tomorrow.   If you want to see more pics search Classic Battletech in LFG.  Im the only one!
This is incredibly relevant to my interests. I would love to try this out. 
looks nice but wrong day...
Wow this is really cool
Gauss
Forum Champion
Regarding 'day/time' if Beetroot is willing, perhaps we can start up an asynchronous game in addition to his existing game.  - Gauss
I would like to play but must confess that I have no Idea how to...
well if beetroot or someone else would be up for that i'd love that
I would be very intersted if you were to put the map tiles and mech tokens on the market (or perhaps generic mechs that are not in copyright)