Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e "Must Have" Macros, APIs, addons, etc.

With Token Action Maker, if I create a homebrew creature, is there an option to make its spells show up on the action bar and, if so, how would I do that?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Lord Dungeonmeer! TAM has two sections that control that: !ta spells  creates a button for the spells to be sent to a chat menu. !ta attacks  will include any spell that produces an attack in the attack section of the core tab of the sheet. It would be possible to create a button that would put each and every spell on a separate button, but so many monsters (and most characters) have too many spells to comfortably fit. And keeping them arranged in spell order would be tough.
keithcurtis said: Hi Lord Dungeonmeer! TAM has two sections that control that: !ta spells  creates a button for the spells to be sent to a chat menu. !ta attacks  will include any spell that produces an attack in the attack section of the core tab of the sheet. It would be possible to create a button that would put each and every spell on a separate button, but so many monsters (and most characters) have too many spells to comfortably fit. And keeping them arranged in spell order would be tough. Okay, I'll try those, thanks
keithcurtis said: Hi Lord Dungeonmeer! TAM has two sections that control that: !ta spells  creates a button for the spells to be sent to a chat menu. !ta attacks  will include any spell that produces an attack in the attack section of the core tab of the sheet. It would be possible to create a button that would put each and every spell on a separate button, but so many monsters (and most characters) have too many spells to comfortably fit. And keeping them arranged in spell order would be tough. For the ones that go to the chat menu – will I be able to upcast creature spells from there?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you get that option from clicking on the sheet, then yes. All Token Action Maker does in this case is put the sheet action attached to a sheet spell name button into the chat menu. It's the same command, just generated from a different user interaction.
A few D&D 5E API mods that I wouldn't want to play without... 5E Resting in Style - Amazing tool that lets you select your token then execute a simple !short-rest or !long-rest command to restore all of the appropriate resources for each resting type. Has built in knowledge of classes and subclasses as well as the ability to create a custom resource (e.g. a magical item with a number of charges per day). TokenNameNumber - Create a template token named "Orc %NUMBERED%" and then when you drop them on the map they'll automatically be labeled "Orc 1", "Orc 2", etc. Makes it so much easier identifying individuals in a group of mobs. GroupInitiative - Select all my Orc tokens, click one macro button and they roll for initiative into the turn control window. Even works when I only have one mob to roll init for. GroupCheck - So the wizard is trying to cover all four goblins with a Web spell? This macro lets you select them, hit the macro, and select "Dexterity Save" then it rolls the save for all 4 automatically.
Reading these makes me notice how little I know of roll20
Hello i would like to ask if there is a way to create macro which will triger attack and link it with sound Big TY for any response in advance.
Minerko Sk said: Hello i would like to ask if there is a way to create macro which will triger attack and link it with sound Big TY for any response in advance. That would require using a Mod script (such as Roll20 Audio Master ), which is a Pro subscriber feature.
where do we get Token Action Maker? I see this referenced everywhere but ?
It's available in the 1-click. On  your game start page go to the  Settings  drop-down and select  Mod (API) Scripts,  then look in the  Roll20 Mod Library  drop-down list. It's under the  Tokens  category. robocoastie said: where do we get Token Action Maker? I see this referenced everywhere but ?
thank you
dungeon master party health/armor class check you have to be able to edit every name you put on there DND 5e replace the (NAME1/2/3/4) with the characters name(case sensitive/space sensitive/punctuation sensitive) &{template:default} {{name=🗡️ Party Status check 🪓}} {{NAME1=🛡️ @{NAME1ac} | 💗 @{NAME1|hp} / @{NAME1|hp|max}}} {{NAME2=🛡️ @{NAME2|ac} | 💗 @{NAME2|hp} / @{NAME2|hp|max}}} {{NAME3=🛡️ @{NAME3|ac} | 💗 @{NAME3|hp} / @{NAME3|hp|max}}} {{NAME4=🛡️ @{NAME4|ac} | 💗 @{NAME4|hp} / @{NAME4|hp|max}}} I'm not sure who came up with this originally but I made a few edits. thanks to whoever it was tho
How would I set this up for Cthulhu in respects to weapons that you could buy ? Is there a way I could like the weapon, and its damage for melee or weapons that have only 1 damage no matter the range. Shotguns would be a different situation and I have some help with them in another thread- just not sure how I would merge it.