Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New official Blade Runner RPG character sheet

The official character sheet doesn´t have check armor 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Can you expand on what is needed Grunner? I can see about getting it added in before the compendium actually launches.
I have found it to be really troublesome. The animated nature is a distraction and causes CPU overheads on older machines. None of the compendium links work properly. Hopefully this gets ironed out but as of right now I would steer people away from buying Blade Runner on Roll20
I agree. The character sheet is difficult to read. Transparent with animation makes it unclear and distracting. The compendium doesn't work. Armour, vehicles, gear etc link to nothing. Some computers won't run the animated sheet and no option to turn the animation off.
Scott C. said: Can you expand on what is needed Grunner? I can see about getting it added in before the compendium actually launches. The compendium has launched! Is available to buy and kickstarters have the activation code.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Nick said: Scott C. said: Can you expand on what is needed Grunner? I can see about getting it added in before the compendium actually launches. The compendium has launched! Is available to buy and kickstarters have the activation code. Yes it is. This is why I shouldn't post right after waking up. I can see about getting the fixes in for Monday.
I want to say that in unnofficial character sheet there is a armor roll dice ,and in this official character sheet does not exist.Sorry for my English.
I agree.Too many problems with character sheet and compendium.Hardened??
Will there be a way to switch off the animations on the character sheet? The CPU demand is excessive, and having the character sheet animate for no particular reason renders the sheet unplayable. I've also had issue with rolls not appearing in the chat bar.
As you can see here (running on Chrome) the sheets don't load properly and if I move the window I lose sections of the sheet and they won't reload. I click for my roll and it doesn't show in chat. I've never had issues like this with any other games on Roll20. It's just this one. I run Alien and that runs fine, zero issues. But this just hogs whatever is going on with the module and it effects the overall performance of Roll20 and my fan kicks in real loud. I have an excellent graphics card, I can run high demand 3D modelling software on my machine and the fan doesn't kick in like it does on this game on Roll20.   
I tried to load an image so you could see how it looks on Firefox… it behaves far better on Firefox… the chat feed registers when you roll… but the animated background on the character sheets is still raising the CPU… GM features on Chrome wouldn't always load… you'd click the tab at the top to change scene and it would vanish… but on Firefox that seems to behave for me. May be different for others. One thing I noticed straight away on the sheet on Firefox, the names of the attributes (Strength, Agility) they don't show so it's a seemingly empty field. Does load better. Again, wish we could switch off the animated BG. 

Edited 1670636094
INJC
Plus
Just tried the update. Same problems persist on Chrome and Firefox. Firefox still behaving better than Chrome. Just same as before, basically. CPU usage still  high and the text on Firefox is missing. You go to click a button and the text also vanishes. Chrome is still a mess I'm sorry to say. I'm inclined to think if you switch off the animation on the sheet, just have it locked and static, it would solve a lot of your problems.  

Edited 1670653148
Jesse
Plus
Missing text on Firefox here as well. Also, die roll numbers do not show up for some players but do for others.  E.g., In this screenshot, both rolls come from players running Firefox.

Edited 1670866445
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi all! An update for the blade runner character sheet just went live as of a couple minutes ago. Here's a summary of the changes: Animated background removed (toggle for enabling/disabling the slide in effect will come later) Fixed a css issue that was causing display lag in chrome and horrendous display errors in firefox Fixed the success total display so that the number no longer has a box around it. Added a first pass at making the push matrix's functionality more obvious (please let me know how this works for you all) Roll templates shouldn't overflow now The compendium display issues had a similar cause as the character sheet display issues, and the fix for that is done and is in the queue to get deployed by Roll20. Thank you for all of the feedback, it was extremely helpful to find some errors that did not appear in our development environment. If you have any further issues with the sheet or compendium, don't hesitate to post here, or to submit a ticket at the Sigil Services support site .
Any idea what's causing missing die roll numbers for some players? 
Much improved with the removal of the animation. THANK YOU!  Although the sheet isn't so demanding on the CPU… it does have loading issues if moved. Going to try popping the sheet out. Also… no results from rolls appear in the chat bar, they don't appear anywhere. This is on Chrome. I notice highlight animations on the sheet cause a fair bit of lag. popping the screen out of the usual lock in seemed to help. Still no results showing in chat field.  Also… the GM scene tab at the top. Loaded first time. Not the second time I clicked it.  Lots of bits still vanishing. For some reason Firefox says graphics accelerator needs switching or the browser is not compatible (only on this game though… doesn't do that anywhere else - I run Alien… Alien fine) so I don't know why it's doing that. Accelerator is on and Firefox knows it but for just this game Roll20 doesn't seem to which is weird.  
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jesse said: Any idea what's causing missing die roll numbers for some players?  I can't replicate this. Can you give me any more information? Do you get anything output to chat? INJC said: Much improved with the removal of the animation. THANK YOU!  Although the sheet isn't so demanding on the CPU… it does have loading issues if moved. Going to try popping the sheet out. Also… no results from rolls appear in the chat bar, they don't appear anywhere. This is on Chrome. I notice highlight animations on the sheet cause a fair bit of lag. popping the screen out of the usual lock in seemed to help. Still no results showing in chat field.  Also… the GM scene tab at the top. Loaded first time. Not the second time I clicked it.  Lots of bits still vanishing. For some reason Firefox says graphics accelerator needs switching or the browser is not compatible (only on this game though… doesn't do that anywhere else - I run Alien… Alien fine) so I don't know why it's doing that. Accelerator is on and Firefox knows it but for just this game Roll20 doesn't seem to which is weird.   I also can't replicate this behavior. But, based on your screencap it's reminiscent of the render lag that was happening before. Can you try in a private/incognito window in case it's a side effect of an extension? 
Both players here are using Firefox, but for one user no die rolls show up and we cannot figure out why.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, odd. Based on that image, that's from pre update. Is it still happening post update?
Yeah, still happening.
Okay, I launched a new game from the compendium. All was looking great. Thought, "fantastic! this is fixed!" but then I switched on activity monitor and noticed the GPU was creeping up. I have accelerators on btw. Always on, no issue in other games. But this one started climbing. Then I noticed that at about 65% GPU in Chrome the character sheet glitched out. Also noticed the graphics warning thing in Firefox doesn't pop up at the start when you launch the game… as it was doing before, but does when you switched maps. It doesn't like that at all. Chat results in Chrome worked. And in Firefox. Just want to say, Scott, thanks for everything you're trying to do to iron this out, enormously appreciated. 
Still having issues with sections vanishing. GM tab at the top vanished too. Sections of the chat box display… random but also vanishes as you can see here. I waited for it to load… this was after a minute or so of waiting. 
GRUNNER said: The official character sheet doesn´t have check armor  Roll for control armor does not exist.Its  very important in the game for the characters survival.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, I'm working on getting that in for Thursday's merge. Not sure how the hell we missed that game rule.
ok,thank for your work
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
INJC said: Still having issues with sections vanishing. GM tab at the top vanished too. Sections of the chat box display… random but also vanishes as you can see here. I waited for it to load… this was after a minute or so of waiting.  Are you using the starter set module? There was an error in how the module was set up that had it connected to a static version of the sheet instead of the live version of the sheet. We've just fixed this.
Are you using the starter set module? There was an error in how the module was set up that had it connected to a static version of the sheet instead of the live version of the sheet. We've just fixed this. Yes. Starter set module. Brand new install every time I try it. Which I've just done just now to see how it goes. Parts of the sheet vanished and when I tried to add knife as a weapon it's unclickable. Can't do anything with it. The idea of drag and drop from the compendium doesn't work either. Not sure if it was ever meant to. Chrome's process whilst running this game (renderer) is at 399.6% CPU and GPU is 75.2% CPU which is really very high. Take the sheet out and the numbers are normal so it's the sheet I guess. It says static sheet but the sheet is still animating when selecting boxes or the sheet elements come in from the sides when opening. That's all animation. Not static. So I'm not sure what you mean by static. The animation under the lettering is gone, but clearly these loading and selection animations are eating up a lot of GPU/CPU and when those numbers start climbing there's a correlation with stuff then going wrong with the sheet. Still getting vanishing sheet.  Again, to be clear, don't have this problem with any other games on Roll20. So it is the game itself and when I load the game without the sheet, no problems, so I'm guessing it's just the sheet implementation having ruled out everything else.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, ok, thanks for checking INJC. By static, I meant the code was static in that it was locked to one version and was not updating with changes pushed to the character sheet repo. The ability to disable the animations will come, but I'm working on higher priority missing features first (like the ability to roll armor). I'm still not able to replicate the display issue you're encountering. Could you give me the following information? Browser version(s) GPU info CPU info Computer memory (RAM) And, I may have missed it, but have you tried with an incognito/private browser session? I'd like to eliminate the possibility of this being a side effect of a browser extension.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ok, we think we may have found what's causing your issue INJC. If it is the same, it's a problem caused from rolling many times (or, you know as much as you'd roll in a normal game). We're working on a fix. Sheet update with armor rolling and several other fixes will be out Monday.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Blade runner sheet v1.01 is now live! Changelog: Bug Fixes Character name visibility on light mode roll template add damage label to basic damage output Fix default attribute die size (e.g. agility) Fixed a bug that caused the sheet to reload when a compendium item was dropped onto it Fixes render errors from browser handling of blend-mode Fixed an issue where dropping a compendium item was not properly doing all triggered calculations Fixed an issue that prevented new weapons from rolling until the character sheet had been closed and reopened New Features Armor rolls Translation support for sheet and roll templates Textareas that grow with content Collapsible descriptions Signature Item tracking checkbox
Thank you for your work!!