Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to change the dynamic lighting *Cone* radius?

As title suggests. I am playing around with dynamic lighting for my upcoming campaign, and all my tokens can see with it enabled is a thin sliver of a light cone directly ahead... there used to be a way when you could change this to a 360 radius... where has this moved to? I have fiddled with the page and also the token/s and cant figure it out. thanks
ok i figured it out... we now have a *Degree of sight* radius... not if we can see 30ft?  how do i change it to *you can see up to 30ft bright light... up to 30ft dim light* ahead? etc cheers
Unfortunately there is no ‘maximum distance’ setting for vision. 

Edited 1672093555
Lee
Pro
i swear there used to be last year lol... it must have been in legacy point being if theya re on a wilderness map with dynamic lighting, they can see the entire map?
Unless you put dynamic lighting barriers in all the tree trunks and rocks and other opaque objects (I use "X"s so that the object can still be seen but nothing on the opposite side.  More computationally efficient than using circles and easier to draw than polygons).  Elevation changes remain an issue on 2D maps.

Edited 1672118836
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Barney said: i swear there used to be last year lol... it must have been in legacy point being if theya re on a wilderness map with dynamic lighting, they can see the entire map? Hi Barney! Turn off Daylight mode, give each token vision a short-distance light source. They'll be able to see by each other's light, of course, but I don't know what specs you are looking for.

Edited 1672126397
Lee
Pro
ahh thank you very much everyone oh, also with tokens... as i am pro... is there any way to *copy* token settings for all once all tokens are created? or do i still need to do it one by one?
<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page</a> <a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360052522073-Default-Settings" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360052522073-Default-Settings</a> If you set all of your preferred defaults for tokens, you can use the 'apply default settings' button to copy them to all tokens. That works for all of the settings that are controlled by the game settings. For everything else you can use a combination of TokenMod and ChatSetAttr to configure them how you like.
thx
Hi Barney, I f what you want is to set vision like this&nbsp; You need to set this parameter on the token dynamic Lighting settings First field is the degrees of the vision field, the second field is to defined on your token what is the front side, if you add a number on the second field you will see what I mean. If you want the token to have 360 field of vision just turn this option off. I hope this help. If this is not your issue please add a screen shot to assess better.
Warlord said: Hi Barney, I f what you want is to set vision like this&nbsp; You need to set this parameter on the token dynamic Lighting settings First field is the degrees of the vision field, the second field is to defined on your token what is the front side, if you add a number on the second field you will see what I mean. If you want the token to have 360 field of vision just turn this option off. I hope this help. If this is not your issue please add a screen shot to assess better. pretty much got it right, but yeh the ONLY issue is that it is no longer *limited* by ft...which it always USED to be (unless i come from a different dimension?) and i really wish they would give that back, because saying they can see *the entire world* of a *very* populated wilderness map is going to take a LOOOOT of *X's* and lines and will take me HOURS!!!
The limit depend on the vision setting and the map setting. If you set the token like this&nbsp; You can turn off emit light and limit field of vision but make sure night vision is on, and then turn off daylight mode your vision will be only until the ft set up for your emit light or night vision. Now there is no way to limit the vision in ft if you have the daylight mode on. In daylight mode on the only thing that can obstruct vision is the dynamic lighting lines set on the dynamic light layer.
oh thank you very much
Will this work well if you have had to change your "feet" to yards ? Ranged combat in call of Cthulhu is yards so I have redone my maps as such and edited all my tokens and maps.&nbsp;