Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The Keeper Screen

Edited 1672195190
I have been working on a campaign now for a few weeks. I have been gradually buying books and what not. I saw the Keeper screen is on sale and picked it up. Unfortunately, it won't let me incorporate the screen into my current setup. It says that I have to start a fresh campaign. I don't want to start something over that I have house brewed up. What is the work around or should I just ask for a refund ? If it would have said in the description- cannot incorporate into a current campaign I probably would have passed on it. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
According to the Marketplace entry for the Keeper Screen Bundle  the reference portion is also an add-on called "Keeper References Addon".  To access that go to your campaign details page and click Game Addons. 
Its a homebrew- I'm not sure it will show up. I had to look in the marketplace assets for all my manuals. I will see what I can do with that. I am also trying to get the API setup to work with my homebrew. I'm worried that I have to start a whole new game to use that API script program.

Edited 1672196954
Gauss
Forum Champion
Being homebrew wouldn't change which add-ons you are able to add, nor will it change what API scripts you can install, although if the script requires certain elements (such as a specific character sheet) then it may not work properly. 
I found it! thanks! I just get scared all the time Ive put in for the prep work and to add something late that should have been done in the beginning and having it all go to hell on me. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Just a reminder, if you do run into a scenario where you have to use a module rather than an add-on as a Pro you can transmogrify whatever you need to move to another campaign. 

Edited 1672200210
Ok. I read into that abit the other day before I upgraded. I put some of my created homebrews in a library of some kind. IN Call of Cthulhu 7E apparently you just go off your DEX skill to determined who gets to react first for initiative. I would like there to be a d20roll that adds to the DEX skill for turn order. Is that possible ? I basically want some kind of chance for the players even in a starting phase of chance for combat if none of them have good DEXs and all the monsters do, or at least make that adjustable.
Gauss
Forum Champion
The Keeper said: Ok. I read into that abit the other day before I upgraded. I put some of my created homebrews in a library of some kind. IN Call of Cthulhu 7E apparently you just go off your DEX skill to determined who gets to react first. I would like there to be a d20roll that adds to the DEX skill for turn order. Is that possible ? I basically want some kind of chance for the players even in a starting phase of chance for combat if none of them have good DEXs and all the monsters do, or at least make that adjustable. You can create a macro for that. What is the normal format for an initiative roll?
straight dex. Which I feel isn't entertaining. I was wanting it to be dex + a dice roll
Gauss
Forum Champion
The Keeper said: straight dex. Which I feel isn't entertaining. I was wanting it to be dex + a dice roll I need more information than "straight dex". What is the attribute you are calling?  What are the dice being rolled? What other elements do you need? 

Edited 1672263118
David
Sheet Author
Prepared firearm [[@{selected|dex}+50+1d20 &{tracker}]] Unprepared firearm and melee/Brawling etc [[@{selected|dex}+1d20 &{tracker}]] Replace dex with the proper attribute name for dex on the sheet you are using and replace the 1d20 with whatever die roll you want.   1d20 is not going to make of a difference since the  human range for dex 15- 90. The investigators already have an advantage since they get +50 to dex if they have a firearm ready. 
What do you suggest ? I just noticed the readied firearm modifier on my Keepers screen. I don't remember that being in Cthulhu 2.0. I'm still relearning some of how they do things with this newer system. Will that macro once added be on my tabletop or will it be only for me or npcs or what ?
Do I put that as a Deck, or a Rollable Table ? I tried putting it as a macro and nothing happened when I tried to test it. I'm sorry I'm green here with all this macro stuff.
David
Sheet Author
The Keeper said: What do you suggest ? I just noticed the readied firearm modifier on my Keepers screen. I don't remember that being in Cthulhu 2.0. I'm still relearning some of how they do things with this newer system. Will that macro once added be on my tabletop or will it be only for me or npcs or what ? Roll20 Macros | Roll20 Tutorial <a href="https://youtu.be/VRWcv3N1CKI?t=123" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/VRWcv3N1CKI?t=123</a>
David
Sheet Author
The Keeper said: Do I put that as a Deck, or a Rollable Table ? I tried putting it as a macro and nothing happened when I tried to test it. I'm sorry I'm green here with all this macro stuff. Did you have a token selected?
yes- I got 3 tokens up on my map now- going to retry this. 1 had a ranged weapon the other 2 are melee.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi The Keeper! I wasn't sure where to post this, since you have a number of CoC threads open, but I thought you might like to look at this recent video by Nick Olivo, detailing a number of useful macros for CoC. <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10hRP26ddQo" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10hRP26ddQo</a>
Thanks Keith