Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Shift + double click does different things on different tokens, and making the clickable by players

Hi! I am trying to create a Quest board (using the lore observers great pirate pack).  I created 2 different posts so far. I am creating them as characters so that players can click on them. 1 works perfectly. When I hit shift and double click, it opens the bio and info page. The other, when hit shift and double click, goes to GM notes under Token settings.  So, my questions are: Why are two tokens that I created the same way (I think!) acting differently? What do I have to do to make these so that the players can click on them to read their bios? Thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It sounds like one token is associated with a character, and one is just a token. However, since you are a Pro, I would suggest looking into the Supernotes script, available in One click. Basically, you can make a token (no character required, though I'd suggest they all link tot he same character sheet for reasons I'll get into.) and put all the info into the gm notes. Players can click on any of these tokens and run a token action that passes the command "!pcnote" into chat. This will provide them with a chat output of the information. Some notes: All of these tokens could have different images and names if you wish, but link them all to a single character sheet, called "quests" or similar. Give PCs control of the sheet, but don't click the button that gives them edit/journal access. Give the sheet a token action called "Info" that runs the command "!pcnote". Put all of the quest info into the token's GM notes. Separate anything you don't want them to see with a line of 5 hyphens. Example: Lord Bighbuté is offering 50gp to anyone who will rid his mansion of rats ----- These are actually wererat thieve's guild members to whom he owes money. Players will see only the top part. If you type in the command (or have a macro) that produces "!gmnote" you will see all of the info. There's a lot more information about how to use the script here . The newest version even has display templates to make things like parchment scrolls in the chat output.
Thanks!