Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

indication for vision direction for one-sided dynamic lightning wall is counter intuitive

The icon on the tool bar does not correlate with the actual direction the light can pass from or gets stopped from.
it seems dependant on which point the build up for the wall started
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The little triangles indicate the direction of light. I.e. they point in the direction that light and vision pass through. I found it intuitive. I think it depends on what you are expecting. I'm sure that if it were reversed, there would be people claiming that now it's backwards.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Lgs said: it seems dependant on which point the build up for the wall started Yes. If you start drawing walls in one direction, keep drawing them in that direction unless you want to flip them. Coding-wise, each path has a start and an end. The default direction is always relative to those start and end points. If you imagine yourself as a little person standing on the line facing in the drawing direction, if the triangles are on your left, they will be on your left on the next line as well.