Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Misfire for firearms

I'm in a game where I have 3 guns now each with a different misfire threshold and it's getting a little much to remember and check each time if it is a misfire for that gun. So I was wondering if there was a way to have a box pop up in chat when an attack does not meet the threshold for that gun. I did think about just using  20cf< but from that I read when I hit the level where I crit on a 19 those two will not work  together. 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
You can have both cf and cs specified in a roll.  /r d20cf<5cs>15 or [[d20cf<5cs>15]] for the inline roll version

Edited 1673988204
I threw this into the crit range for the attack roll in order to test it [[d20cf<10cs>15]] But it isn't showing as a failure, butt the crit was a 16 so that part did work
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You don't want to put the whole roll in the crit range, you just want to put the crit declaration in there. Put just this in the crit range of the weapon on your sheet: 20cf<10 Replace the 20 with whatever your critical threshold is and the 10 with whatever your fumble threshold is.
That worked thank you