Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Broken token - how do i fix it?

Edited 1674680735
Lee
Pro
Ok so in a previous session with me as the GM/DM someone moved their token through the fog of war, the second the token entered the fog of war, it became unmoveable, even for me as a DM how do i fix this? Huh, interesting... i checked once again and for some reason it forced itself to the GM layer... So my further question would be *how on earth did a player manage to shift their token to GM layer*?

Edited 1674683075
Are you using any Mod scripts? There are several scripts that move tokens to other layers, such as Teleport, Bump, or TokenMod; maybe it was moved to another layer but didn't have the rest of the script action happen.
If you select a token and press "L" and "K" at the same time it will move it (and your focus) to the GM layer. BTW the other shortcuts will do this as well, "O", ",", "M".
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
al e. said: If you select a token and press "L" and "K" at the same time it will move it (and your focus) to the GM layer. BTW the other shortcuts will do this as well, "O", ",", "M". To make this work, you will need to activate "Advance Keyboard Shortcuts" in the in-game settings tab.
ok so it was just a freak of nature thing? i am using no scripts at all, but i am max tier of pro if that matters at all, and maybe i pressed a shortcut button the exact same time they moved the token while being focused on the token and not the chat, but i do not see an possible way that could have happened Also as an added note... i was using fog of war (not dynamic) and they couldn't move through walls or doors and i did not have *restrict* on After testing as a *join as player* and refreshing the browser everything sees to be in working order... so yes... freak of nature by the seems maybe i found an extreamly rare bug that needs to be looked into, but if its a 1 in 20 million type bug then maybe not?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
For a bug to be squashed, it would need to be repeatable, yeah.
true