Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dungeon Alchemist Importer Error

I was not getting a map to import correctly. I tried the cycle of restarting sandbox, removing DA script, adding it, then got this in the console when I added it back: detected currently running sandbox... restarting "Loading character sheet data..." "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 1265 translation strings to worker..." "-=> Dungeon Alchemist importer, version 0.0.4" "  > Updated Help Handout to v0.0.4 <" "SyntaxError: Unexpected token '?'" "SyntaxError: Unexpected token '?'     at eval (<anonymous>)     at messageHandler (evalmachine.<anonymous>:713:6)     at process.<anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/tiny-worker/lib/worker.js:65:55)     at process.emit (events.js:314:20)     at emit (internal/child_process.js:877:12)     at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:85:21)" DA importer is the only script, it says version 0.0.6 when I tell it to add the script to my game, but the error message keeps talking v0.0.4... I spent hours on making this map, getting everything just right... I really want to use it for my session, so any help or suggestions would be appreciated. LDJ
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
That error doesn't look to be happening from your script. You're getting the log report when your script is loaded, but the error doesn't look to have anything to do with that (it wouldn't hit the log panel if it had a syntax error). Instead the stack looks like it references worker.js, which is an indicator this is coming from the sheet. Sheetworkers run in the same sandbox as scripts. I don't know much about sheets, but I would start with whether there had been a recent update to the sheet, and whether you could get an older version.
Looking at the github source for the script importer, 0.0.6 is the latest version (from 3 weeks ago), but it still has the version string set to 0.0.4. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/blob/master/DungeonAlchemistImporter/0.0.6/DungeonAlchemist.js" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/blob/master/DungeonAlchemistImporter/0.0.6/DungeonAlchemist.js</a> Looking at the code (I'm no expert), it appears to be manipulating an image on the map layer (the map) and processing input from the text file to set up the map grid and create dynamic lights and walls, maybe other things. At a guess, some recent Roll20 map/lighting change is incompatible and the script needs an update. I don't use the importer, although I do use Dungeon Alchemist for simple maps, so I can't help beyond the above.
Thanks Ken S.! I appreciate you looking into it as much as you did. Hopefully the two can work together to resolve this issue.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Not sure if they have anybody looking/maintaining that script. I've brought up with them on the Discord server and then direct emails (Oct &amp; Jan) to support staff that the script was pushed to one-click with debugging code that spams the console log with every message sent to chat. No response. const handleInput = (msg) =&gt; { log("Handle input!"); log(msg); Btw, if this has been bothering anybody, just manually install and remove those two log lines ;)
Karel C.
Pro
API Scripter
I’m the lead developer of Dungeon Alchemist and of the script. Thanks for pointing this out!
Karel C.
Pro
API Scripter
So I removed the log spam for a next version, but I don't see any further problems with the script or the import. If you want to elaborate on the error, feel free to mail <a href="mailto:info@briganti.be" rel="nofollow">info@briganti.be</a> and I'll investigate further.
Karel C. said: So I removed the log spam for a next version, but I don't see any further problems with the script or the import. If you want to elaborate on the error, feel free to mail <a href="mailto:info@briganti.be" rel="nofollow">info@briganti.be</a> and I'll investigate further. I'm not comfortable e-mailing, but the import is not working for me, either. I paste and hit enter and just... nothing. Triple-checked that I had all the right files involved. It was working for me a couple weeks ago.
Working now. Guess they fixed it. Thanks
I got the same problem with the last version (0.06). I fixed it (sort of) by changing this line: const page = getObj("page", lastPageId); by const page = getObj("page", pageId); The problem seems to come from lastPageId which is None. The problem with is this solution is that now, I must put the players banner on the page I'm editing.