Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Resizing my buttons

I am trying to change the size of the buttons. let me be honest button 1 will roll information on the unit, Button 2 is a place holder, and button 3 is another place holder.  What im looking for is this.  Button 1 to only show the d20 and to resize around it Button two to be a set width.  and button 3 to be a different set width.  I have tried a few things but nothing seems to work. below is the section of code im trying to use. would someone be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong. please? HTML </div> <div><!-- Militia Unit --> <button class="button2" type="roll" value="&{template:default} {{name=Millita Unit}} {{Move= 1 Square}} {{Type=FvF}} {{Attack=[[1d4]]}} {{Counter= [[1d3]]}}" ></button> <button>Militia Unit</button> <input name="attr_militia_unit"                  type="number" value="0"> <input name="attr_militia_unit_gold_cost"        type="number" value="@{militia_unit}*1" disabled="true" /> <input name="attr_militia_unit_citizens_cost" type="number" value="@{militia_unit}*1" disabled="true" /> <input name="attr_militia_unit_food_cost"        type="number" value="@{militia_unit}*1" disabled="true" /> <input name="attr_militia_unit_magic_cost"      type="number" value="@{militia_unit}*0" disabled="true" /> <input name="attr_militia_unit_luxury_cost"      type="number" value="@{militia_unit}*0" disabled="true" /> <input name="attr_militia_unit_wood_cost"        type="number" value="@{militia_unit}*0" disabled="true" /> <input name="attr_militia_unit_stone_cost"      type="number" value="@{militia_unit}*0" disabled="true" /> <input name="attr_militia_unit_metal_cost"      type="number" value="@{militia_unit}*0" disabled="true" /> <button class="button3">Cost 4 Gold</button> </div> and the CSS button{     width:100px !important;     font-size:12px; } #button2 {     width:50px !important; } #button3{     width:80px !important; }
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
There is a fair bit of default styling applied to roll buttons, and it doesn't look like you have removed any of that as mentioned on the wiki: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/CSS_Wizardry#Button" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/CSS_Wizardry#Button</a> You might want to give that a try and see how it goes.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As Kraynic points out, this is almost certainly a CSS specificity issue. Address your buttons using it as shown below: Also, I just noticed you are not using the correct syntax anyway. You are using id syntax (#), you want to use class syntax (.class-name). .charsheet button[type="roll"]{ &nbsp; &nbsp; width:100px !important; &nbsp; &nbsp; font-size:12px; } .charsheet button.button2 { &nbsp; &nbsp; width:50px !important; } .charsheet button.button3{ &nbsp; &nbsp; width:80px !important; } If you are using Legacy code, that would be .charsheet button[type="roll"]{ &nbsp; &nbsp; width:100px !important; &nbsp; &nbsp; font-size:12px; } .charsheet button.sheet-button2 { &nbsp; &nbsp; width:50px !important; } .charsheet button.sheet-button3{ &nbsp; &nbsp; width:80px !important; }

Edited 1675986049
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Also, this last button: &lt;button class="button3"&gt;Cost 4 Gold&lt;/button&gt; Is it unfinished? because there's a few things missing from that button element and it won't work properly (type, name, and value). The same goes for this one: &lt;button&gt;Militia Unit&lt;/button&gt; Maybe they should be spans or headings? Also the one nearly complete button is missing a name (something like name="roll_NAME_HERE"). It will work without a name, mostly, but cant be dragged to the macro bar and cant be addressed as an ability.