Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder 1e: Custom Sheets Cannot Access Bestiary?

Edited 1677054919
Dave
Pro
So, I've been looking at going back to an older Pathfinder 1e game I'd been running, and apparently no sheet but the official sheet can even load NPCs from the basic compendium bestiary anymore? Is this a known issue? Is this even a bug? I'm lost.

Edited 1677055082
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It's an issue with the community sheets. The more recent bestiaries have a different data structure, and the community sheets are not set up for it. It's something you could report to the maintainers of those sheets, but I believe Vince is already aware for the Pathfinder Community Sheet.
I actually make my own sheets, but I haven't been able to figure out how to make them load the compendium. When I last used it, a couple of years ago, they worked fine. Any idea how to find out how to make them compatible? I tried various things with no results.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I don't know the exact data structure, but you'd need to make sure you have your drop attribute(s) set up correctly, that your listeners for those attributes are setup, and that your sheetworker is looking for the right data properties. Common compendium drop issues: Not having a drop target div Not having an attribute that accepts the data of the compendium More info in the wiki .
Right, I have no trouble loading spells or items, but creatures don't work. For that matter, I had no idea it was even possible to drag and drop creatures onto a sheet. I've only ever been able to load a creature from the bestiary as its own new sheet, and they just come up blank. Maybe it's requiring some specific sheetworker, as you say.

Edited 1677085243
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ok, so your listeners and attributes are probably set up correctly. Now you just need to log the data that is provided by the drop and see what the data keys are now. It's coming up blank because your sheetworker isn't set up for the data structure that the compendium uses now.
And I have no idea where even to start or what sheetworker I would need, sadly. I didn't use one at all, before.

Edited 1677085596
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, not sure how you've got drag and drop working then. Drag and drop cannot work without a sheetworker, unless all you're grabbing is the name and the raw text of the page content. The wiki page I linked above has all the info about interacting with compendium entries.
I may be confused, but I don't see anything in that article about a sheetworker, just a few specific HTML tags?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Huh, that page has apparently changed since I last actually read it. Looks like it's the very basic version of drag and drop. The compendium has moved away from that quite a bit I believe. I'll see if I have some time to write up a brief demo script for drag and drop via sheetworker.
That would be extremely helpful! I've been having trouble finding much useful documentation on the subject.