Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Radial dial problem

So, for a while now, i've been experiencing problems opening up the radial buttons for some tokens. it's not all tokens in my game, and it's not even all the tokens for a particular monster - that is to say I might have multiple zombies on the board and can access the radial buttons for all except one. I know I'm clicking on the token and the system knows I'm clicking that token because I can see its token action bar, I can open up the token edit menu, or its character sheet, and I can rotate the token and do all other things with it as normal except open the radial dial. If I click on another token, and then come back to that token, things work normally. And if I right-click the token opening up the context menu, the radial dial appears but I can only access the left-most portion. If I close the context menu, the radial dial goes away too. I've checked the console log and don't see any errors there come up when I'm clicking on the token trying to open the radial dial. I saw doing a search in this forum that this problem happened in the past (one thread is 9 years old) but there's no indication in the thread of what causes the problem or what the fix is. There's just a note from a Roll20 staff person that they replicated the problem. So, I know I'm not hallucinating. :-)  I also know that the problem has nothing to do with the specific game because it happens in all my games. And I know it has nothing to do with "load" because it happens even if I'm the only one in the game, and at all hours. It happens in a D&D 5E game and a Call of Cthulhu game so it has nothing to do with the character sheet the token is attached to. The problem happens in the "Objects&Tokens" layer, as well as the "GM" layer. It also was happening when I was using the Legacy voice&video and still happens with the Integrated Voice and Video. It also happens in brand new games with no API scripts, no maps, or anything else. I just created a new D&D 5E game, with the default settings, started with a blank page, dropped a few monsters onto the page from the compendium, and eventually, the problem surfaced. I've tried everything I can think of to narrow down the problem and test as much as I could, and eliminate as many variables as I could. For what it's worth, and if it helps any, I'm on a MacBook Pro running Monterey (MacOS 12.6) and using Chrome  Version 110.0.5481.177 (Official Build) (arm64).  I hope I've given enough information here for someone to figure out what the problem is and provide a fix.
Gauss
Forum Champion
When that happens I click off of the token then back onto the token, that usually works.  If that doesn't work for you could you provide a screenshot of the screen when it is happening?
Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. It's very weird... and definitely annoying.