Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can I make a macro be clickable, to roll damage?

So, I am not using any character sheets, since I do my own home-made rpg system and dice rolling mechanics. I have gotten some wonderful help so far, and I was thinking about something new: Can I have a macro roll my attack from the custom abilities in the roll20 sheets, and then give you a clickable button or text or something, to also roll damage? So far, I have a macro that rolls both at once, but since my players should be able to take reactions after attacks, but before damage, I want damage to not be visible right away. I know one simple solution is to make a macro for attack and one for damage each, but I just wanted to check if this was somehow doable? So far, this is how the macro looks: You brawl, with an attack roll of [[(@{selected|dicepool}+@{selected|attackbonus}-@{selected|attackpenalty})]] and dealing [[floor(@{selected|strength}*2d6/100*@{selected|damagebonus})]] damage. You use 3 Energy in the attack.

Edited 1678474388
Gauss
Forum Champion
You can use a Chat Menu for this. If you need help setting that up let me know.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Yeah, maybe. Using tricks like this: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Chat_Menus#Roll_Command" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Chat_Menus#Roll_Command</a> I made this,&nbsp; but not sure if it works. You brawl, with an attack roll of [[(@{selected|dicepool}+@{selected|attackbonus}-@{selected|attackpenalty})]]. [Roll damage](`deals [[floor(@{selected|strength}*2d6/100*@{selected|damagebonus})]] damage with the attack). You use 3 Energy in the attack. Replacing the stats with just numbers, at least the following somewhat works, but the calcualtion in the damage roll might be breaking bc I just put some random numbers: You brawl, with an attack roll of [[(4+3-2)]]. You use 3 Energy in the attack. %NEWLINE% [Roll damage?](`deals [[floor(3*2d6/100*1.5)]] damage with the attack.) For some reason the trick breaks if you try place it with an /em command.