Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Print Functionality for Character Sheets

TheMarkus1204, does it make any difference if you disable the browser extensions?  Thank you very much for the information, we are going to try to reproduce this on our side.

Edited 1673081366
Miguel, I disabled ALL active Extensions in Chrome and sadly it does NOT make a difference! Btw. I live in Germany. Maybe this is the reason that some of the graphics are not loading? There are other threads here in the forum with similar problems regarding images... Miguel P. said: TheMarkus1204, does it make any difference if you disable the browser extensions?  Thank you very much for the information, we are going to try to reproduce this on our side.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There was a widespread issue with images being served on German ISPs several years ago, but I haven't heard any reports in a long time.
i just checked all the character sheets in one of my campaigns and i am sad to say there is no print button

Edited 1673155772
Gauss
Forum Champion
ember said: i just checked all the character sheets in one of my campaigns and i am sad to say there is no print button Which character sheet are you using? Currently the only character sheet that has been updated to print is the 5e by Roll20 sheet. 
Shame that Roll20 only actively supports D&D, even when they're listed as the author for many of the sheets I use. Dark Mode support, Mobile app support, Print Mode: They're all available but only work cleanly (or at all in some cases) if you built your own sheet, or if you play D&D. Roll20: Reach out to the Sheet designer! Me: Hmm, it says "by Roll20" ...  Roll20: Check with the Publisher. Publisher: We just approve the functionality and rule compatibility, and barely at that, to be honest. Roll20 built the stuff. Roll20: Have you tried this feature with D&D??? IT WORKS GREAT! Me: yeah, no thanks, I don't play D&D, I play these games Game A, B, C, D, and E. Roll20: *crickets chirping*
I do not have the possibility to print my 5e Sheet, sadly.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Michael S. said: I do not have the possibility to print my 5e Sheet, sadly. Can you give more information? Is the print button missing? Is it mis-formatted? Is it a sheet other than the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet? Screen shots might help.
VampyreBytes said: Shame that Roll20 only actively supports D&D, even when they're listed as the author for many of the sheets I use. Dark Mode support, Mobile app support, Print Mode: They're all available but only work cleanly (or at all in some cases) if you built your own sheet, or if you play D&D. Roll20: Reach out to the Sheet designer! Me: Hmm, it says "by Roll20" ...  Roll20: Check with the Publisher. Publisher: We just approve the functionality and rule compatibility, and barely at that, to be honest. Roll20 built the stuff. Roll20: Have you tried this feature with D&D??? IT WORKS GREAT! Me: yeah, no thanks, I don't play D&D, I play these games Game A, B, C, D, and E. Roll20: *crickets chirping* What he said. I don't play 5e D&D.   But I am a paying customer, and so I hope my expectations would carry some weight with a business.  I play a lot of systems on R20, most using sheets available here that I presume were written by fans, and I even have one game set up where I just use the big free-write ascii field instead of a character sheet. But apparently my players and I still  can't print our sheets or save them to PDF. I don't program or write code, so to me it seems like there should be a simple way to allow us to print all the pages of any character sheet into one file, even with awkward page breaks, just like we can do with a regular web page. And even it it's not simple, it seems pretty much a given that it's an option that customers would appreciate. Just as in the business world, where I've tasked programmers to provide the functionality I want our company to provide, I'd like to provide the folks who run R20 the feedback that this functionality is important. I trust you'll pass my feedback up the line. Thanks.
The printing button desapered on my D&D5e sheet, I did print a charater sheet last week and it was working.Now nothing, I remove all the API, tried with a different browser and notihing. Does it has to do wiht the WoTW crisis?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Likely a code update caused a glitch. I'll see if I can get some notice of this.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Looks like it's fixed now. :)
Yep fixed thanks
I also don't have the printing option available! If anyone has a solution it'd be appreciated.

Edited 1675129114
Gauss
Forum Champion
LJ said: I also don't have the printing option available! If anyone has a solution it'd be appreciated. Which character sheet are you using? If you don't know the name please post a screenshot. 
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Not sure if this has been pointed out, but I seem to be getting a blank page 2 instead of the Bio page. The Bio page is where we store a lot of the contextual info for the character/build. Was it left out on purpose, or is it a bug?
Any chance Roll20 is going to do Pathfinder 2e? Or 1e? Or Starfinder? I have some characters I'd love to be able to save/have if the game goes away. (Yes, I'm printing to .pdf, but it takes between 5 and 7 files and is very tedious.)
Articblast
Pro
API Scripter
Essen said: Not sure if this has been pointed out, but I seem to be getting a blank page 2 instead of the Bio page. The Bio page is where we store a lot of the contextual info for the character/build. Was it left out on purpose, or is it a bug? I agree, the Bio page is used often by players on my campaigns, for taking notes and tracking all the normal bio info.
So then when is Roll20 going to make the printing feature for all games then? Since there are plenty of people that don't care about D&D, and there are plenty of people that do care about other games. Or is it that Roll20 employees only care about D&D since that's the only game they play? I have no idea.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Yappy0 said: So then when is Roll20 going to make the printing feature for all games then? Since there are plenty of people that don't care about D&D, and there are plenty of people that do care about other games. Or is it that Roll20 employees only care about D&D since that's the only game they play? I have no idea. Roll20 has made printing available to everyone, it is up to the character sheet coders to update their sheets to enable printing. If you have a character sheet you would like to be made printable I suggest contacting the creator of the sheet to request they update it.