Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Math Functions in queried dice roll.

Edited 1679345031
I need to roll a variable amount of d10 depending on how many meters a character falls. It's really easy, and honestly I don't ***need*** a macro for it. I figured I'd make one for my GM in case we forgot the fall damage rules though, to save time. It's very simple, every 10 meters = 1 die of damage.  I've made hundreds of macros with queries and either I'm tired right now and missing something very simple, or there needs to be some html substitution that I'm missing, or you can't use the math functions in this way, because it's not rolling anything, just giving me the number of dice that SHOULD be rolled.  Fall Damage = [[floor(?{Fall Distance|1}/10)d10]] Is it the latter or am I missing something simple in the moment?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Wrap the floor calculation in inline brackets to get it to resolve before the die roll.  [[[[floor(?{Fall Distance|1}/10)]]d10]]
Ooooh, didn't know you could wrap inline inside inline. 
THANK YOU!