Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Cards in users hands are outside the screen when Player video/avatar location is set to Top

Sithun
Pro
Sheet Author
Dealing a card to yourself or a player seems to work fine, as long as the video/avatars are along the bottom of the screen: But as soon as you want your videos/avatars to be along the top (to be closer to your webcam for instance), then the card-buttons, and presumably the rest of the dark area where it displays that players cards, are cut off:  It's been like this for years. It seems to affect Chrome and Firefox equally. It is annoying to the point of me ignoring using playing-cards to their full extent, in favor of being able to look at myself in the webcam when i'm delivering exposition or story.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi, the forums are primarily for users helping users, to file a bug report with the Devs the currently recommended method is to send a bug report via the Help Center . 

Edited 1679847005
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Sithun! There is a solution of sorts, using the Stylus browser extension. The following style will move card decks to the bottom of the avatar, for any browser for which the style is installed. I.e. if your players want the avatars at top and want to use unobscured card decks, they would need to install atylus and the style as well. Otherwise they will see them normally. #playerzone .deckhands {     bottom: -50px; } #playerzone .deckhands .hand .handcontainer { bottom: auto; } Instructions on how to use Stylus, and a wealth of other quality of life enhancements can be found in the top post of any of these threads: Show Off Your Style Show Off Your Style 2: The Stylening! Show off your Style 3: Third Time is the Charm!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I edited the code above to make sure the expanded hand was displaying with the right positioning for the new placement.
Gold
Forum Champion
The card decks feature needs an Overhaul from Roll20 to fix and improve a lot of existing Suggestions and Bugs. Card Decks could become so much more powerful of a gaming tool on this site!

Edited 1680028429
Sithun
Pro
Sheet Author
Nice solution! Will try it! Also, as has been said, I should probably make a bug-report. Oh well. :) Hope someone else finds this helpful as well! Edit: Works like a charm, but I had to change "auto" to -380px; else it hid the buttons from clicking them again. :) keithcurtis said: Hi Sithun! There is a solution of sorts, using the Stylus browser extension. The following style will move card decks to the bottom of the avatar, for any browser for which the style is installed. I.e. if your players want the avatars at top and want to use unobscured card decks, they would need to install atylus and the style as well. Otherwise they will see them normally. #playerzone .deckhands {     bottom: -50px; } #playerzone .deckhands .hand .handcontainer { bottom: auto; } Instructions on how to use Stylus, and a wealth of other quality of life enhancements can be found in the top post of any of these threads: Show Off Your Style Show Off Your Style 2: The Stylening! Show off your Style 3: Third Time is the Charm!