Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Monsters of the Multiverse Stat blocks are no different than the original ones.

Edited 1680550141
Ross
Pro
I have the original Monster Manual,&nbsp; Volo's Guide, Tome of Foes, and now I just got Monsters of the Multiverse. I have checked several monsters that are supposed to have changes, but every Monster of the Multiverse stat block I open is exactly the same as the original.&nbsp; Please help!&nbsp; I am using this as a guide to compare&nbsp; <a href="https://screenrant.com/dungeons-dragons-buffed-high-level-multiverse-monsters-stronger-dnd/" rel="nofollow">https://screenrant.com/dungeons-dragons-buffed-high-level-multiverse-monsters-stronger-dnd/</a> Edit: the stat blocks for the different monsters in the VTT are identical, however the stats in the web browser compendium are correct.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Ross! If you already have a monster of the same name in your game, a compendium drag will drag in a copy of that version, regardless of the source. This is intentional, in order to protect any homebrew changes you may have made. You have several options: 1. Delete any existing copy of that creature from your game and drag in the new one. 2. Rename&nbsp; any existing copy of that creature from your game and drag in the new one. You will have both versions in the game. 3. Open the old character sheet, and drag the compendium version on top of the character sheet window. This will overwrite the old one. This last method has a couple of caveats, though. It is not always a perfect overwrite, and be very careful to have only that sheet open, as it is easy to drag over a different window and unintentionally overwrite the wrong character. There is no way to undo this.
Thanks for the reply, but Im not sure that is the problem. Let's take Orcus for example. I've never used him in this game (never dragged the token from the compendium and onto the VTT, so its never created a copy of it in my Journal.&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm talking about when I am in the VTT and I go the Compendium tab in the sidebar, I type in "Orcus"&nbsp; in the search bar, and it brings up a list of results. Those results are Orcus (MToF) and Orcus (MMoM). When I open these (not drag them into the game just open to look) the stats are totally identical. So even though I am opening the MMoM version, it is missing the Necrotic Bolt attack for example.&nbsp;

Edited 1680553277
Ross
Pro
I see whats happening here. Both instances of Orcus, the one marked MTOF and the one marked MMoM, both of them open the same (MToF) Orcus page. They load in the middle&nbsp;of the page in the popup, so despite clicking to open the MMoM version, I have to scroll up in the window, find the little drop-down menu for source, and then change that. THAT IS LAME How does Roll20 expect anyone to figure that out?

Edited 1680554906
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ross said: I see whats happening here. Both instances of Orcus, the one marked MTOF and the one marked MMoM, both of them open the same (MToF) Orcus page. They load in the middle&nbsp;of the page in the popup, so despite clicking to open the MMoM version, I have to scroll up in the window, find the little drop-down menu for source, and then change that. THAT IS LAME How does Roll20 expect anyone to figure that out? This is a known issue with how the Compendium is organized. Yes, it is a bad method. The Devs are aware of the issue though and we hope that someday it will be fixed (especially with the new push for bug smashing that appears to be going on).

Edited 1680558791
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I see the issue. It appears to be impossible to choose which one to drag into a game. Method 3 above could probably be a workaround, but I agree that this is not the desired behavior. Nope, the correct one is dragged into the game, and e xpanding them in-tab works correctly . It's just that single-clicking on any of them only opens up only a particular version. Yes,&nbsp; I still agree that this is not the desired behavior. Not as bad as I thought at first, but it should still be made to work correctly.
same applies for Firbolg - we recently noticed it's reading the old stat blocks and not the new one. I own all the books in the compendium. I havent checked if there is a TAB feature to change it. Never knew one existed in the first place.&nbsp;
Gauss
Forum Champion
Novercalis said: same applies for Firbolg - we recently noticed it's reading the old stat blocks and not the new one. I own all the books in the compendium. I havent checked if there is a TAB feature to change it. Never knew one existed in the first place.&nbsp; To be honest, most in-game compendium entries that have multiple sources will open to a specific source, which is often the wrong one. I always check the source when I open anything in the compendium.&nbsp; The Devs have been reminded of the problem and hopefully it will be smashed at some point in the not too distant future.&nbsp;