Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Compendium Sharing

Edited 1680691227
Noticed that if I enable the "share Compendium" option for a game (game settings), and then make some compediums not available becasue I do not want players to have them searchable, me as GM too am not able to use/see them in-game.  Example (5e): I want players to have access to PHB, LMoP, SCAG but not to all other 5e Adventures or Rules supplements I own. Nevertheless I want to still have in-game access to the compendiums in case I need anything from there during game sessions. Am missing anything or is that a limitation of the sharing compendium option? 
In the Game Settings you see all Compendiums that are available to you and you have exactly 5 slots to share Compendiums with other Players (so that they have it available when they create a game). If you yourself added an adventure module to your game that has a compendium implemented within, it will be available to you AND all your PLAYERS in that game! (And NOT in theirs if you do not share it with them)
Gauss
Forum Champion
At this time there is no way to set the compendium to yourself only.  The options are: Nobody, Everyone, and "If they own it but you don't they can use it".  I would post a suggestion in the suggestion forum regarding this. 
Thanks both of you. @Gauss: Yap, is what I am starting to think about.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Gauss said: At this time there is no way to set the compendium to yourself only.  The options are: Nobody, Everyone, and "If they own it but you don't they can use it".  I would post a suggestion in the suggestion forum regarding this.  How about "everything, but only for me", which you would get by making sure everything is greenlisted, but not turning sharing on for the game. The GM/creator can see everything they own, but players see nothing (except maybe the SRD). But it's true that at this point, there's no option to give the GM everything and the players only a subset.
Gauss
Forum Champion
keithcurtis said: Gauss said: At this time there is no way to set the compendium to yourself only.  The options are: Nobody, Everyone, and "If they own it but you don't they can use it".  I would post a suggestion in the suggestion forum regarding this.  How about "everything, but only for me", which you would get by making sure everything is greenlisted, but not turning sharing on for the game. The GM/creator can see everything they own, but players see nothing (except maybe the SRD). But it's true that at this point, there's no option to give the GM everything and the players only a subset. Ahhh good point, missed that possibility. :)