Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5E OGL, whisper settings keep reverting

Edited 1681286099
I've started a D&D module (ToD) and I ususally roll the group's enemies in the open. That's why I've got "Never Whisper" as the default setting. However, whenever I open a sheet I've not used that session, the setting reverted to "Always Whisper Roll" and I have to manually adjust that ... EVERY DAMN TIME. I tried using the "Apply Default Settings" feature, but it won't work AT ALL on the "Never Whisper Setting". It will work on the "Whisper Toggle" but only for a day, next morning it has been revertet to "Always Whisper". If there is not a fix, is there a work around? A script maybe? ANYTHNING? P.S.: I checked like ~30 sheets and 3 of them didn't revert ... wtf.

Edited 1681288398
Gauss
Forum Champion
This has been a bug I've been trying to nail down. Could you take screenshots of the NPC sheet's settings page, scrolled down to the whisper settings? also a screenshot of the NPC sheet when not in settings?  Edit: I just realized you had posted about this a week ago.  Could we continue this in that thread? 

Edited 1681291153
Gauss said: Could we continue this in that thread?  I believe the issue with the "Apply Default Settings" not working properly has been adressed and there is nothing more to add to it (at least from the communities side). Althoug it's not truly resolved, the work around IS functioning after all. Although these issues appear connected at first glance, I don't think that they are. Setting revert regardless of how the setting was changed. They revert, even when I configuered the sheet manually. That's why I think a new post was necessary. Here, have a Cat: and it's settings: EDIT: here's an NPC, that has been used during the session and that I've configured manually to never whisper:
And here's the cat, after I changed the setting: Now we wait for the reversal ....
OOOOF, didn't even take ONE MINUTE. I made a coulpe dice rolls to doulbe check, that it's not whispering ... it wasn't. Closed the game, launched the game again. BAM, now it's whispering again.
Seems I can repeat this indefinately. Look like launching or exiting the game triggers the reversal.

Edited 1681300331
Gauss
Forum Champion
I have some questions to see if we can narrow the cause down: Does this happen in other games or just the one game? Which browser are you using?  Are you using any extensions? If so, have you tried using Incognito or Privacy mode?  Which Mods (API Scripts) might you be using?
Another question: Do you use Pop-Out Character Sheets or inline? (this makes a difference as seen with Bio&Info Tab)

Edited 1681305363
Does this happen in other games or just the one game? Can't tell, it's the only D&D game I run ... need to check this later. EDIT: NVM, found an old game WAY at the bottom of my list. It's different module tho (Sunless Citadel). It's working perfectly fine . Which browser are you using? Firefox Are you using any extensions? If so, have you tried using Incognito or Privacy mode? Yes ... but how is my adblocker supposed to interact here??? Will check with incognito mode and disabling ad blocker later as well. EDIT 2: That did nothing, still reverting. Which Mods (API Scripts) might you be using? Another question: Do you use Pop-Out Character Sheets or inline? Inline.

Edited 1681310208
Gauss
Forum Champion
Could you supply the Mods (API scripts) screenshot for the Sunless Citadel game? 

Edited 1681310925
Gauss said: Could you supply the Mods (API scripts) screenshot for the Sunless Citadel game?  Sure thing: Basically I replaced GroupCheck with SmartAOE (though I could not do that completely) and added the AutoButtons for QoL, the other two are dependencies for each.
I just deactivated every single mod ... roll20 didn't let me, for some reason it gives me an error message requiring me to run at least 1 mod. My gut told me TokenMod is the most trustworthy and I deactivated everything else then. No change, it still reverts.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Alright, at this point my suggestion is to contact the Devs via the Help Center as the forums are primarily for users helping users.  With that said, you could try to duplicate the game and see if the problem continues in the duplicate. It may be a game level bug. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
This isn't a fix for the issue, but it will probably alleviate some of the pains until this can be sorted out:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9822005/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9822005/</a> It's a script that lets you blanket set all the NPCs and PCs to either whisper of public.
Gauss
Forum Champion
If you are going to use The Aaron's script I suggest duplicating your game and leaving the original (bugged) copy alone until the Devs can take a look at it.&nbsp;
Thanks for all the Help! The script make this quite managable! Support was ahead and asked me to copy the game as well. Side note: The copied game reverts the settings as well.

Edited 1682437475
For anyone who still care, I though I should mention what I found out: For some reason independant of how the attribute "wtype" is changes/written, it just keeps adding new attributes with the same name to all the sheets. All character sheets in my game look like this. The sheets don't really revert, they just take the first "wtype" they can find and that's the default "always whisper". I can manually fix the sheets by deleting all wtype attributes and setting a new one with the propper value. After that the sheet is back to normal. It's bitch to do for the NPCs, but at least I could fix the PCs, so it's a small win at least. Now do with that what you will.