Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Editor bugs out again when editing a post

Edited 1681386798
When Editing a Post here in the forums, the editor bugs out again!
This is STILL not fixed!
The text editor in this forum as well as the one used in creating handouts is, at best ... basic. Microsoft's Wordpad (the editor included with windows) has better features.
Gauss
Forum Champion
I learned years ago not to write things in Roll20. I write them in a Word doc, then paste them into the Roll20 editor and format.  This is not just a Roll20 issue for me though, most online media can lose what you are writing due to some kind of failure (browser refresh, glitch, internet connection issue, etc). Roll20 is just on the more severe end of that problem. Word saves what you are writing as you write it so I don't lose content that way if there is an issue.  Just the other day I was writing a long thing in Discord (I got stupid) and had a power fluctuation. Lost the entire thing. I should have been writing it in a Word doc. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't think even Roll20 likes the current text editor. It was replaced years ago with the current version, which is an improvement, but there was much user complaint and confusion at the time. I think if they replace it again, they will want to make sure things migrate properly and that it is truly an improvement.
keithcurtis said: I don't think even Roll20 likes the current text editor. It was replaced years ago with the current version, which is an improvement, but there was much user complaint and confusion at the time. I think if they replace it again, they will want to make sure things migrate properly and that it is truly an improvement. Even if they do not like it, they should fix these Bugs... And EVENTUALLY they will replace it with a better one when they have finished the VTT Redesign? At least I hope they will replace the Editor for Handouts as well as fixing some other Bugs with their redesign or else it would be pointless!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If it is anything like the last time the editor was replaced, it would be the same editor throughout. Personally, I would love to see one that allows you to edit the raw HTML.