Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rollable tables with modifier/advantage/as lookup

Score + 27
The ability to roll on a table using a modifier is something that has been asked about repeatedly for years. I propose being able to provide a roll table name as a roll/group modifier. That way we could use the full dice roller to handle tables. So for a d20 table with modifier, instead of creating duplicate tables for each possible modifier {d20 +?{Mod} }t[tablename] For rolling a table with advantage, instead of a duplicate table with advantage weightings 2d20k1t[tablename] As a lookup for custom messages, instead of the custom message trick involving a table with a single entry per message { message expression }t[tablename] With the full dice roller available this can be utilised in countless ways. If this interests you remember to vote by clicking the triangle next to the score at the top, below the thread title. Also feel free to tell us how you'd use it.
Cross suggestion potential: Custom dice syntax Having a custom dice syntax alongside being able to specify a table would allow granular control of rollable tables. To the point of being able to selectively enable/disable specific table entries but also handle multiple modified table rolls easily.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This would be a godsend, and open up whole new vistas of macro functionality. I'm surprised it doesn't already have a thread.

Edited 1684172856
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Personally I'm pretty vocal about saying Rooll20's rollable tables are not fit for prupose and should be scrapped or renamed, and this is the number one reason why. I second this suggestion - tables need to support modifiers, or they aren't really tables in any meaningful sense.
I'll say, Rolltable modifiers would be quite handy in a lot of situations. I do wish I had them right now, it'd help me a lot with an issue I cannot solve without mods. And I'm still struggling to do so. A good ol' modifier would fix all my issues in a flash.