Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fetching dice value from input fields for roll template

I'm right now creating a sheet for an OSR D&D alike. One of the fields in the attacks let's you put in the damage roll. This damage roll is of course variable. (eg: 1d4+2, 1d6-1, 1d8+0 etc). I try to fetch that value from a field and it just won't roll it. Neither from a template nor standalone roll. I know most D&D sheets manage this, however the explanation on the wiki are a bit cryptic and the entry for roll templates does not hint at this at all. Can someone explain to me how it is done?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
The macro that is triggered by the roll button, does it have the inline roll brackets around the attribute for your damage calculation? [[@{damageattributehere}]]
That did it! thank you!

Edited 1682454932
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Just to explain this: the logic helpers in rolltemplates only respond to numbers (or rolls which produce numbers) which are inside inline roll brackets. The inline roll bracket creates a number in the correct format to be recognised and responded to.