Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with Skill Multi Choice macro

Edited 1682796425
&{template:PTU} {{title=Selling things Part 2}} {{Number of People shopped=?{People who shopped|0} }}{{Number Items=?{Number of items Selling +1|0} }} {{ [[?{People who shopped|0}d?{Number of items Selling +1|0}]] Items They Browsed }} ?{Skill Check?| Charm, !%{selected|CharmCheck}  Charm | Guile, !%{selected|GuileCheck} Guile | Intimidate, !%{selected|IntimidateCheck} Intimidate } Is the macro i'm trying to work. I Can't seem to get the multi choice to work for the skill checks though. @{selected|GuileCheck} gives me: No attribute was found for @{selected|CharmCheck} !%{selected|GuileCheck} it wont do a multi choice. Even if i replace the pipe | with   |  Any ideas?
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Abilities have to use the percent sign formation; attributes of the ones that can use the @ symbol. That said, you won't be able to launch a separate command from within this template, unless you're calling ChatSetAttr with the specific method it uses to listen for commands in the middle of a template. For most operations, you can't dispatch a new command just by using an exclamation point. You are a pro user, so scripts are available. I can solve this using metascripts, but I would want to know what is in the charm check and guile check abilities. That might change the syntax I have to use to invoke it. Can you share those, and then I can give you an example?
timmaugh said: Abilities have to use the percent sign formation; attributes of the ones that can use the @ symbol. That said, you won't be able to launch a separate command from within this template, unless you're calling ChatSetAttr with the specific method it uses to listen for commands in the middle of a template. For most operations, you can't dispatch a new command just by using an exclamation point. You are a pro user, so scripts are available. I can solve this using metascripts, but I would want to know what is in the charm check and guile check abilities. That might change the syntax I have to use to invoke it. Can you share those, and then I can give you an example? Well i'm able to get it to roll all three within the template. But i can't get the multi-choice to work with it, like i want. Is there really no way to have a multi choice that would roll one of these? It gave an example in the Macro wiki. I just can't figure out how to get these to work.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can usually make multi-choice macros of the sort you're asking for, but you have to really know what you're doing. And most people who really know what they are doing turn away from that kind of macro, because they are too hard. Whenever you have an ability call like this: Charm, !%{selected|CharmCheck}  Charm | Guile, !%{selected|GuileCheck} Guile | copy the entire contents of those abilities in to the macro, because thats what Roll20 does. Then work on which substitutions you need to make.