Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sort attributes with API

Edited 1409731761
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ive dug around around in the wiki but cant find if its possible. The character sheets help immensely with players having all the same named attributes for scripts and macros. But depending on what order they put them in at, they show up under the attributes tabs sorted that way. Our game uses a crazy amount of stats and attributes, and as a GM a nightmare to go in an manually sort them all the same with click/drag. And since some of the attributes players add manually (such as ammo count and type, etc..since repeating fields don't show up there and ammo type and amount can be dynamic in how many per player so I have them add them by hand so they can see it, and I can access it with scripts to auto change it). But it seems daunting to my players to even look at the attributes page now, since its PACKED with stats, and when talking to each other, they aren't even in the same order. So say bob filled his entire sheet in, and then added ammo..its at the bottom of course, Dave filled his in, added ammo, then filled more in..his ammo is now mixed in the middle..So bobs trying to help him going "just look at the bottom its the last thing"..Daves going "no I see armor, health, magic saving throw..." Anyway, anyone know a way to sort the attributes page via API? even alphabetical would be fine. so all my players sheets have some consistency on which order the 50+ attributes I'm making is listed from sheet to sheet.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I think the only way to accomplish this currently is to actually change all the attributes in to other attributes in alphabetical order. That would be a complete hack, and it would be great if there was another way.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Why exactly do you need to look at the attributes page if you're using a character sheet?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Probably for attributes that aren't managed by the character sheet if I were to guess. (Like the Ammo ones he mentioned.)
Sorting attributes should be something you can do by default.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
HB +1