Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

PC Values in a Handout

Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I want to make a handout with key stats for all my players, but the @{name|value} shows up as is, instead of as the value. I read on here that there's an API to do that, but it didn't say what API it is. Any idea what I need to make this work?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Essen! Reporter will do that (Be sure to add Supernotes for maximum flexibility). As will the new DM Dashboard. Can you describe exactly what you are trying to create and what you would like to use it for? We may be able to make more specific recommendations.
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Basically, I’ve made a table of each players AC, HP, temp HP, spell DC and Attack, and some math for current spell slots available. It all works in the chat, but not in the handout.  I just wanted something simple I can keep open that will update as the game goes on so I don’t have to keep asking the same questions over and over. I'm not familiar with the DM Dashboard, is that new?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yes, less than 2 weeks old and showing great promise. I think it became available through 1-click this week, but if not: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11428947/dm-dashboard-beta-turnorder-on-steroids-for-d-and-d-5e-roll20-based-games" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11428947/dm-dashboard-beta-turnorder-on-steroids-for-d-and-d-5e-roll20-based-games</a>
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I've taken a look at those, and they both do way too much. Trying to learn how to make them work is more than I have time for, since I don't know the basics about scripting or Roll20 syntax. I just want @{player|ac} to show the number in a handout.&nbsp; Is there an API that can live update those from a character sheet? I don't want to use tokens, I just want to call from the sheet.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
To my knowledge, there is not an API that does that specific thing, though I don't think it is impossible to write one. It would require better skills than mine, though.