Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Game Settings glitched

This does not seem right: AND in the top left corner for the game settings I noticed this: What I did: 1. Open Game Settings for my campaign 2. I clicked on "Game Background Image" and selected "Magic" there 3. I went to the "Game default Settings" and turned "Apply Dominant Color from Map Layer off" and also changed the background and grid color and the default Map size. 4. Hit SAVE.

Edited 1683492044
And every time I hit Save, I get a warning from my Browser that it reloads the site and that unchanged settings are discarded. So I check the options and they are set as I wanted them to be. This also happens in every Browser. This is the warning for Firefox: and this for chrome: Just open "Game default settings" and click on "Save Defaults" at the end of that section to get this.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi TheMarkus1204, I'm not sure what the first issue is. These seems to be a broken image link. As for the second post, this is a longstanding "quirk" of the Settings page. There are three different sections to that page, and each one has a separate save button. It's not a great system, since, as you noted, it will always report that something was not saved when you close the page. I know that folks have reported this in forum in the past, but I don't know if it has even been reported officially, or if Roll20 has ever addressed it. Most folks I know (including myself) have just gotten used to it and ignore it. It should be fixed.
Hi Keith, the first issue is the layout for the grid settings. Was it always like this? I remember them being displayed in one line instead of being displayed below each other... Especially: Cell Width 1 x px = 70 px. Why is it aligned like that? keithcurtis said: Hi TheMarkus1204, I'm not sure what the first issue is. These seems to be a broken image link. As for the second post, this is a longstanding "quirk" of the Settings page. There are three different sections to that page, and each one has a separate save button. It's not a great system, since, as you noted, it will always report that something was not saved when you close the page. I know that folks have reported this in forum in the past, but I don't know if it has even been reported officially, or if Roll20 has ever addressed it. Most folks I know (including myself) have just gotten used to it and ignore it. It should be fixed.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here's a screen cap from a google search of its state at some time in the past. It looks like there has been some minor word changing, and likely some alteration of the CSS that is causing the line break.