Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Special FX beam in UI beta broken

When using a macro for special effects that employ the beam, or multiple targets needing to be selected it fails to execute the macro.
Yes, this bug with the new Toolbar UI has been previously reported. See the  Cannot select multiple targets with the same macro  thread.
Has the layers tab, (rather all the layers being displayed) been addressed?  The first advertised update in their Hubspot campaign emails, highlights the layers being visible without having to go into sub-categories. This was reverted on Friday, 6/2; reinstated for about 2 hours, then removed again since.
Is your second question related to the issue you mentioned in your original post? I'm not sure what you're talking about with regard to layers — if you are talking about the toolbar buttons used to switch layers (identified as 12 through 15 in the legend image at  Toolbar Overview ) they are present and work fine for me when the new Toolbar UI is enabled. You can report bugs to the developers via Help Center .
I've reported it multiple times. Thanks though.

Edited 1686085501
That is the "condensed" UI you get when the window height is too small for all of the layer tools to appear in the new Toolbar. When I shrink my Roll20 window small enough to get  the "condensed" UI the  behavior that I see is: If the layer submenu is visible, and you want to change the current layer, just click the button for the specific layer you want. If you want to hide the submenu click on the main layer button in the Toolbar. If the layer submenu  is not visible, and you  want to change the current layer, first click on the Layer button to show the submenu and then click the button for the specific layer you want.   Does it not work that way for you?
No it's just showing a condensed view no matter what...? Any solution to this? This is really the only valuable UI change other than aesthetics and it shows the condensed version 95% of the time, it only started occuring at 4pm EST on 6/2, and was fixed at 5:40 EST and broke again at 6:30 EST on a refresh. Multiple computers, multiple browsers.
As you can see in the image there is plenty of space...
I did some screen captures to show what I mean. If my Roll20 window is tall enough the bottom left corner of the new Toolbar looks like this: But if I shorten the height of the window, the  Toolbar switches to what I called the " condensed" UI. Here it is both with and without the layers submenu showing:    
Got it. It just has changed when there has been 0 changes on behalf to the size of the window. Thanks for the solution, very much appreciated!