Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Door improvement: Group select from dynamic lighting layer; adjust handles immediately from door tool when placing

Score + 14

Edited 1686164048
Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I recently tried to move things on the map layer on a map, and while it was easy enough to drag the entire dynamic lighting layer over to line up with the map, I found it time consuming to control/cmnd click each door before moving, instead of drag selecting. It's also a pain to place doors currently. So my suggestions are: When group selecting or selecting from the dynamic lighting layer, allow for group selection of doors for easy movement via the drag select box instead of requiring individual clicks. You know, the way selection works for everything else. This way, it's one more object on the dynamic lighting layer, and the dynamic lighting layer can be moved all at once, without the risk of re-aligning things wrong. Allow adjusting of door handlebars immediately when placing a door, WITHOUT SWITCHING TOOLS. Have it work the same as dynamic lighting. The first click places the first point, the second the next point. Unlike dynamic lighting, the second click can finish the door and automatically be the end point, without needing a right click. This would mean that placing a door (once on the door place tool) could take 2 clicks/movements instead of 4-7. Right now you have to place the door (1), then move over to the select tool (2), click the select tool (3), then move cursor back to the the door (4), click on the first door point and move it where you want (5), click on the second door point you want and move it(6), go back to the door tool for the next door (7). 
I second this, 100%. The door tool is a real pain to use with the fact that you have to drag the handles around and that doing so requires you to switch tools. It's still far easier to just draw and delete UDL lines instead of using the tool. Being able to copy/paste and then having dragging the pasted door snap it to grid would help a lot.
You can draw walls and have them snap to the grid, the doors should at minimum do the same.
Should only be able to place and orient doors on the lighting layer. It is very frustrating to try and move a token on the token layer and have it instead move the door.
Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Very true. Keeper of Secrets (KoS) said: Should only be able to place and orient doors on the lighting layer. It is very frustrating to try and move a token on the token layer and have it instead move the door.