Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Why are tables STILL set to no import and not showing names?

I do not know why I have to spend 15 minutes every time i set up a table,  or every time I play at one, getting my characters to show their names. It is completely pointless ,  the name and name plate have been redundant fiddly procedure for no reason for years. It's death by a thousand little annoyances but they're really adding up.
Are you referring to how the Choose-side doesn't display names or that the token name doesn't change to match the table?
BigNorseWolf said: I do not know why I have to spend 15 minutes every time i set up a table,  or every time I play at one, getting my characters to show their names. It is completely pointless ,  the name and name plate have been redundant fiddly procedure for no reason for years. It's death by a thousand little annoyances but they're really adding up. Showing the Name Plate is a thing ONLY THE GM can do for tokens! I believe (not sure about that) you can automatically set this via Game Settings and then just "Apply Default Settings" with the right checkboxes selected in game (you need to wait for it to finish completely!)
Showing the Name Plate is a thing ONLY THE GM can do for tokens! I believe (not sure about that) you can automatically set this via Game Settings and then just "Apply Default Settings" with the right checkboxes selected in game (you need to wait for it to finish completely!) A player can do it too with the right addons...but 1) I have to set that for every table I make.  I'm an organized play DM. I make a table for each individual game.  I have to set the name thing every time. 2) The setting is annoying. Its hidden inside another section of settings, which need to be set, and then you need to set all of the settings.  3) This doesn't always change things. the setting doesn't always take. I've taken to changing the background of the tiles just to see if the changes took place.  4) Its two completely redundant settings. The name and the name plate 5) . WHY... Why the bloody hell is it set to defalt to NO.  I get that there is a campaign somewhere that you don't want the players to know that's Moriarty under the cloak and having Moriarty under the picture would ruin it, but HOW rare is that that its the DEFAULT setting? How many orc number 4's do you need to point out for every one moriarty?  
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .