Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Clicking On Game Links Takes You To Another Game!

Recently, I have been seeing that when I click on a link to one of my game modules, it instead takes me into another game all together. Or I could be on a game's main page and click to enter the game area but it takes me to a different game instead! I'm using the chrome browser.
I had this happen twice yesterday. Hasn't happened since.

Edited 1686412302
This happened to me several times since Wednesday. Multiple different games. Just happened again today. I believe that going to the game page and then starting has always worked, but I cannot confirm that.

Edited 1686413407
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I can confirm that this has happened to me a number of times in the last few days. I also think this happens while using a bookmark, not the home page, but haven't confirmed that part. The devs are aware of the issue, and a fix is hopefully forthcoming.
This is still happening.  The links under Games (if you click on Games, not the pop up links if you hover over Games) seem to work best.
That Links screwing up is not the only thing. Players come in the game but they don't show in the lower left of the screen! Or they leave but still show as being in the game!
DM Maelstrom said: This is still happening.  The links under Games (if you click on Games, not the pop up links if you hover over Games) seem to work best. I send a help center request on this and the response basically was: We are aware of that problem and even experienced it ourselves... Clearing Browser cache should fix this, but I do not see the reason why I should delete the browser cache like 5 times in a row just for this annoyance to get fixed...

Edited 1686489618
For better results, click on the name of the game and not the launch game button. Wait for the page to load completely. Give it just a moment and then finally click on launch game. I have noticed that if you have a background image set for your page you'll have less issue if you wait for that image to load before clicking on the launch button. If you wish to replicate the issue load a game normally, then open a different game in another window. If you immediately reload the first page you had open it will most likely take you to the window of the second one you opened. It's a minor annoyance, but if you aren't hammering the launch button you should experience this less. It doesn't mean it will never happen if you follow the steps I suggested. So if you get taken to the wrong game, exit and load the game you want and you'll be inconvenienced for the whole ten second it took to correct the issue. 
It also helps if you hit the Launch button with the middle mouse button so that it opens in a new tab and do this 2 times... Second tab is the campaign you want to join. So just exit the first tab and play on the second... Had that MULTIPLE times yesterday... ST Carcass said: For better results, click on the name of the game and not the launch game button. Wait for the page to load completely. Give it just a moment and then finally click on launch game. I have noticed that if you have a background image set for your page you'll have less issue if you wait for that image to load before clicking on the launch button. If you wish to replicate the issue load a game normally, then open a different game in another window. If you immediately reload the first page you had open it will most likely take you to the window of the second one you opened. It's a minor annoyance, but if you aren't hammering the launch button you should experience this less. It doesn't mean it will never happen if you follow the steps I suggested. So if you get taken to the wrong game, exit and load the game you want and you'll be inconvenienced for the whole ten second it took to correct the issue. 
Strange (I think it falls in the same category): Hit Rejoin as GM and it does absolutely NOTHING besides loading the same - btw. wrong - campaing. What happend: I played earlier in a campaign where I am co-gm, so I rejoined as Player. Now I wanted to open another campaign to do things. BUT the campaign I played earlier was loaded (and I was Player again instead of it Joining me as GM as normal!) So I hit Rejoin as GM and it just reloads the campaign but does nothing else! The Second time I hit it did the job and I am back as GM... I really wonder what is the cause of all this as this started happening a few months ago!
Gauss
Forum Champion
TheMarkus1204 said: Strange (I think it falls in the same category): Hit Rejoin as GM and it does absolutely NOTHING besides loading the same - btw. wrong - campaing. What happend: I played earlier in a campaign where I am co-gm, so I rejoined as Player. Now I wanted to open another campaign to do things. BUT the campaign I played earlier was loaded (and I was Player again instead of it Joining me as GM as normal!) So I hit Rejoin as GM and it just reloads the campaign but does nothing else! The Second time I hit it did the job and I am back as GM... I really wonder what is the cause of all this as this started happening a few months ago! The Devs are aware of this bug as well. I am hopeful they are the same issue and will be fixed simultaneously.  Note: the second attempt usually succeeds. 
I am also a victim of this bug.
This time it did not... :( Gauss said: TheMarkus1204 said: Strange (I think it falls in the same category): Hit Rejoin as GM and it does absolutely NOTHING besides loading the same - btw. wrong - campaing. What happend: I played earlier in a campaign where I am co-gm, so I rejoined as Player. Now I wanted to open another campaign to do things. BUT the campaign I played earlier was loaded (and I was Player again instead of it Joining me as GM as normal!) So I hit Rejoin as GM and it just reloads the campaign but does nothing else! The Second time I hit it did the job and I am back as GM... I really wonder what is the cause of all this as this started happening a few months ago! The Devs are aware of this bug as well. I am hopeful they are the same issue and will be fixed simultaneously.  Note: the second attempt usually succeeds. 
Hello! We just released a fix for this; please let me know if it helps.
Alright, so far today it has not happened Bianca!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ricky R. said: Alright, so far today it has not happened Bianca! Just in case, now would probably be the best time to delete cache and cookies. That will ensure that you are using the latest code and references.
keithcurtis said: Just in case, now would probably be the best time to delete cache and cookies. That will ensure that you are using the latest code and references. Ok, I cleared out the cache and checked to make sure cookies are cleared when brower is closed.