Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Better Marketplace Filters for Adventures and Creators, with reviews

Edited 1686466330
Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
A better way to sort through creators, especially of adventure writers. Do something similar to Amazon, by having more categories to check or uncheck. Some suggested categories: First, Include a review system (I know that's another suggestion, but bears repeating) Checkmark on and off, or dropbown list filters for By creator/seller name (have a list of checkmarks. Perhaps only include established sellers or creators with more than 3 titles published) 1st party publisher, yes or no (for example, Paizo is a first party publisher and original creator of Pathfinder) 3rd Party publisher (for example Kelficil's tales is a 3rd party publisher of 5e content) "New Publisher" or "Indie Creator" or something (for sellers with only 1-2 adventures) By review rating (1+ stars, 2+ stars, 3+ stars, 4+ stars, 5 stars) All original artwork or not (a lot has stock art or ai art, which is a turn off for some people, myself included. Though I realize this filter could be a bit controversial and discriminatory towards indie publishers.) Filter by system Filter by genre (medieval fantasy, sci-fi, modern, horror, other) Just search 'TV' on amazon, and see the list of filters usable on the left as an example. Recently in the last few years, the marketplace has become oversaturated, often with low quality adventures made by new publishers using free mapmaking tools, stock or ai art, and little understanding of adapting something to the VTT. There are also an abundance of new creators with 1-2 titles to their name, and also a few creators with dozens of adventures pumped out at low quality which crowd the available screen real estate out and make it harder to find other creators. Filtering through everything better would be extremely helpful. I've started to try and compile the info I can on all the different creators, and it's already taken a few hours (to get about 1/4 of the way through the adventure sellers). More filters would be greatly appreciated, and overall good for Roll20 as I think I and others would be more likely to purchase something. Thanks!
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .