Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

No more freehand draw tool?

I know freehand draw got removed from the lighting layer, but I don't see it for the other layers, either.  Did it get removed and I didn't notice?
Looks like a bug. For me, the Freehand option is there until I switch to the lighting layer. Once I switch from lighting to one of the other layers the Freehand option doesn't come back.

Edited 1686798620
Gauss
Forum Champion
There is a known bug on the old UI (toolbar) where the freehand tool can vanish, refreshing the browser fixes it.  I don't believe that this affects the new UI (toolbar) so it may not ever get fixed. 
It got removed in the NEW UI. However, if you switch back from new to legacy UI it seems to be removed BUT if you reload the page it is there again. Already gave them feedback about this. John P said: I know freehand draw got removed from the lighting layer, but I don't see it for the other layers, either.  Did it get removed and I didn't notice?
It is a thing if you switch from new to legacy UI that it vanishes every single time. Refreshing the page fixes it indeed. Also it is already fixed with the new UI... Gauss said: There is a known bug on the old UI (toolbar) where the freehand tool can vanish, refreshing the browser fixes it.  I don't believe that this affects the new UI (toolbar) so it may not ever get fixed. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
TheMarkus1204 said: It got removed in the NEW UI. However, if you switch back from new to legacy UI it seems to be removed BUT if you reload the page it is there again. Already gave them feedback about this. Freehand is still on the new UI, it shouldn't be, but it is. The old UI has a bug where freehand can vanish from all layers. The Devs are aware of it.