Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Features and Integrations for Teleport

Edited 1684103088
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Hello, I worked on Teleport (the newer iteration) and I was looking into finally improving it and updating it, and I'd like to re-gather some feedback from users and other scripters.  So far I've been looking and I'd like to improve it with: Improved destination logistics:   Detecting if there is another token already at the destination Selecting another adjacent spot if the initial token destination is "full" Making sure that the new spot isn't out of sight through a wall from the initial teleport spot Repeating the above if any new selected spot is full Making this behavior toggle-on or toggle-off.  Improved cross-page teleport logistics:  Making sure any token settings from one page are carried over to another (token markers, status, etc.) Checking to see if TokenMod or another modification script isn't already present that's already much better at it can do it instead Making sure any player ribbon teleported back to the overall PLAYERS ribbon is re-integrated automatically.  Checking to see if there is a destination page token and attempting to spawn it if there is not Integrating to check if another spawning script that is much, much better at it isn't already running, repeat re: TokenMod Checking for other scripts that may already do ping-behavior and attempting integration with page movement to prevent collision and errors Improving teleport pad management Attempt to add something to teleport pads to allow easier cross-linking Adding teleport pad deletion and clean-up from menus and context buttons Adding the option for context buttons when teleport pads are selected Adding the ability to duplicate pads within the same page/entire page with transmogrifier (KoS) Lines between connected pads on the same page (the Aaron) I'll keep adding to this thread to follow through on some of these development items, and I'd like to hear from folks if there are other points of integration with other scripts and mods they'd like to see incorporated. I'd prefer to keep it from getting to a dependency (baseline default behavior with no other scripts necessary), but I'd love to integrate scripts people are already using as an option. 
Pat, Love this script, thank you. I am using Teleport within many of my maps, not from page to page. I would like to copy the pads along with the pages they are on using the Transmogrifer so that I can set up a map in my library game and easily copy it to what ever game I like.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Oh, that's a great idea, KoS. So store the connectivity information on the pads and read it all at load. Pat, I'd suggest setting the controlled by field to something like "TELEPORT_PAD" and using either the GM notes, or Tooltip to store a structure with the configuration data. That makes it easy to find all the pads on ready and set up the connectivity graph in your script. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
One thing I was thinking of adding. Is the ability to toggle on lines between connected pads on the GM layer. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
My own copy of the script has combinations for the pads, where a token must have the matching status markers to activate the pad. That was useful in a scenario I ran where magic rings were required to travel various paths. 
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
The Aaron said: My own copy of the script has combinations for the pads, where a token must have the matching status markers to activate the pad. That was useful in a scenario I ran where magic rings were required to travel various paths.  The current script has this - if you try it, it should work... 
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
The Aaron said: One thing I was thinking of adding. Is the ability to toggle on lines between connected pads on the GM layer.  For ones on the same map, this would be very helpful indeed - just a few things to consider like if a person moves the pads dynamically (would the lines snap automatically, would they re-adjust after move?) 

Edited 1684102939
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Keeper of Secrets (KoS)  said: Pat, Love this script, thank you. I am using Teleport within many of my maps, not from page to page. I would like to copy the pads along with the pages they are on using the Transmogrifer so that I can set up a map in my library game and easily copy it to what ever game I like. The Aaron said: Oh, that's a great idea, KoS. So store the connectivity information on the pads and read it all at load. Pat, I'd suggest setting the controlled by field to something like "TELEPORT_PAD" and using either the GM notes, or Tooltip to store a structure with the configuration data. That makes it easy to find all the pads on ready and set up the connectivity graph in your script.  This one is going to take some doing - right now, the pad data is per-token, so duplicating a token does not automatically duplicate all of its connectivity - right now that's something of a feature, but I could see generic connectivity uses - just have to put in some more error checking, and maybe some ways to add wildcard characters, etc, to track all of the permutations of where you want to teleport. It'd be tricky... 
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
I'm thinking about something I've been wanting to do for a bit - an overland map/battle map "teleport" - the idea of having a "group" icon that is group controlled that moves across a large world/region map, and when it runs into a feature or a random encounter, "teleports" all the players to the battle map. It'd be a weird way of getting a list of controlling players (list of "all" players" from a group token, then teleporting the entire party to the battle map automatically. 
Thank you so much for this script, however I wonder if there is a way to turn off the alert that appears in the chat whenever an admin logins in ? I have a shared game and I want this feature to be a surpise to the other DMs in my group, but at the moment it alerts everytime 1:13PM (From Teleport): Teleport Main Menu 🧭
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Is it not whispered to the GM?
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
It doesn't sound like they "demote" their not-current GMs... They maintain GM status, probably with a "don't poke around" imperative. But, in that case, all the GMs would get the whisper.  While the script can surely be changed to accommodate a "who is the current GM?" setting, it probably would be quicker, if possible, to demote the non-current GMs.
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi there. One issue I'm having with the Mod Library Teleport is that it doesn't move grouped tokens. I have a Cleric with Spirit Guardians, and I made a token that they group with so the AOE moves with them. I got it set up so the player token can teleport with a key, so teleporting only happens when the PC token hits the square and not the AOE, but only the PC token moves. Is there any way to make it so the group moves?