Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Twins/Clones Across Layers

Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I saw a post on Reddit yesterday that had me thinking:  Is there a way for a token to block light, with the "wall" moving as it moves? My first thought was to Twins some tokens, put one on the Light Layer, and then group the Light one with a drawing.  Token-Grouped-With-Drawing-On-Light-Layer works directly enough, as long as the token is tagged as a drawing.  So the only hangup is being able to move that from the Token layer, via a Twins/Clones API that allows cross-layer connecting. Is that possible? Is it feasible? More curious than anything, but I thought it was worth bringing up. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
There are a few scripts that can give you that effect.  DynamicLightRecorder is one in the 1-click that will do it.  It also remembers the lighting so if you drop in the same image, it will give it the same lines.