Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Linking an FX to a particular Token ID

I have a creature that I want to bring to the token level from the GM level and have a special effect happen at the same time. I want this all to happen with a macro so I don't even have to go to the GM level and select the creature. Is this possible? (The FX is explosion-death). Any thoughts?
This should work (untested and aircoded) with a little prep work: Select the token and use this command: /w gm @{selected|token_id} Then plug the value you see into this macro instead of 'TOKENID': !token-mod --ignore-selected --ids TOKENID --set layer| objects  /fx explode-death TOKENID
That worked perfectly! Thank you!
Seeing as you're a Pro sub, you could also use the "Bump" script in 1-click to handle moving things between layers easier, as well!
I will check that out too!
or SPAWN in the 1 click also