Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

TokenMod Light Angles

For some reason when trying to use the Token Menu macro by keith or the Set Light Source macro by Klaus the command for TokenMod to change the Light Angle (for bullseye lanterns for instance) is failing.  All other lighting changes (distance, etc.) seem to work fine. I noticed the the syntax for the Light Angle change is different between two macros. Token Menu has: emits_bright_light|on emits_low_light|on bright_light_distance|60 low_light_distance|60 light_angle|90) Set Light Source uses: emits_bright_light#on emits_low_light#on bright_light_distance#60 low_light_distance#60 light_angle#90 I'm assuming that  "|" and "#" can be used interchangeably for the macros since the distance and other parameters work properly for both macros so I assume that this isn't the issue for the light_angle command failing. Am I missing something?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You are not missing anything. There are a couple of light settings that do not respond correctly to mod script commands. You must actually open and close the token light setting for the setting to resolve. It is a known bug. BTW, you might be interested in the Dynamic Lighting Tool script. It does much, much more than that old macro, and includes diagnostics for resolving common light and sight vision problems. It's in One Click.
Thanks for the quick reply. I thought I remembered reading previously about this bug but I didn't find it with a quick search.  I do use your excellent DLTool (Thank you!!) but I use the the macro for my players to control their own light sources.  No one in my game uses a bullseye lantern so I hadn't noticed that it didn't function until one character came up with sticking a pebble with Light cast upon it inside a metal scroll tube strapped to his helmet to make a MacGyver's Magic Miner's Lantern™.  When i copied and modded the code for the bullseye lantern I discovered the issue. I can use your DLTool to do it for him. He can still use a macro to turn it off. This brings up a different issue I have been having using DLTool for NPCs. I use a lot of top down tokens and the default when I drag new tokens to the map (whether purchased from the Roll20 Marketplace or from my personal external token library ) they by default are set so that direction vision and light sources face 180º from where they should if I use  DLTool or the macro to set directional lighting or vision.  I have flipped my players tokens vertically and horizontally so the directional vision and lighting will work with no problem but any new NPCs I set up I have to flip each token twice toso DLTool doesn't set a bullseye lantern for an NPC with the light shining out  of their butt (which, while funny, can break the mood for my Cthluhu inspired D&D campaign.) Can DLTool be modded to include the Center control in addition to the Total Arc control (for me I only care about light sources, I don't use vision for NPCs). Or does someone know a way to automatically flip tokens when adding them to the game so they work without having to mod DLTools or manually futzing with each NPC token lighting in it's token menu for each time I want to use a directional light?