Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question on a custom turn tracker script (from Aaron)

Edited 1691226401
Hi everyone, Five years ago, I asked a question on the forum ( here ) about the possibility of using scripts to handle combat cooldowns in-game. Aaron sent me this very useful script that I've been using every since (thanks again!): For adding custom turns, I have this script: on('ready',function(){ "use strict"; const checkFormulaOnTurn = () => { let to=JSON.parse(Campaign().get('turnorder')||'[]'); if(to.length && to[0].id==='-1'){ sendChat('',`[[${to[0].pr}+(${to[0].formula||0})]]`,(r)=>{ to[0].pr=r[0].inlinerolls[0].results.total; Campaign().set('turnorder',JSON.stringify(to)); }); } }; on('chat:message',function(msg){ var args,cmds,who,initial,change,entry; if('api' === msg.type) { if(msg.content.match(/^!act\b/) ){ who=(getObj('player',msg.playerid)||{get:()=>'API'}).get('_displayname'); if(_.has(msg,'inlinerolls')){ msg.content = _.chain(msg.inlinerolls) .reduce(function(m,v,k){ var ti=_.reduce(v.results.rolls,function(m2,v2){ if(_.has(v2,'table')){ m2.push(_.reduce(v2.results,function(m3,v3){ m3.push(v3.tableItem.name); return m3; },[]).join(', ')); } return m2; },[]).join(', '); m['$[['+k+']]']= (ti.length && ti) || v.results.total || 0; return m; },{}) .reduce(function(m,v,k){ return m.replace(k,v); },msg.content) .value(); } args = msg.content .replace(/<br\/>\n/g, ' ') .replace(/(\{\{(.*?)\}\})/g," $2 ") .split(/\s+--/); cmds=args.shift().split(/\s+/); change=parseFloat(cmds[1])||'+1'; change=`${/^[+-]\d/.test(change)?'':'+'}${change}`; initial=parseFloat(cmds[2])||0; entry=args.join(' '); if(entry.length){ let to=JSON.parse(Campaign().get('turnorder')||'[]'); to.unshift({ id: "-1", pr: initial, custom: entry, formula: change }); Campaign().set('turnorder',JSON.stringify(to)); if(!playerIsGM(msg.playerid)){ sendChat('ACT',`/w gm <div style="padding:1px 3px;border: 1px solid #8B4513;background: #eeffee; color: #8B4513; font-size: 80%;"><div style="background-color: #ffeeee;"><b>${who}</b> added entry for <b>${entry}</b> starting at <b>${initial}</b> and changing by <b>${change}</b>.</div></div>`); } } else { sendChat('ACT',`/w "${who}" <div style="padding:1px 3px;border: 1px solid #8B4513;background: #eeffee; color: #8B4513; font-size: 80%;"><div style="background-color: #ffeeee;">Use <b><pre>!act [formula] [starting value] --[description]</pre></b></div></div>`); } } else if(msg.content.match(/^!eot/i)){ _.defer(checkFormulaOnTurn); } } }); }); You call it like this: !act -1 10 --Bless on Bob, Nancy, and Sue And it will add a custom turn at the top of the turn order that starts at 10, subtracts 1 each time it comes up, and is named "Bless on Bob, Nancy, and Sue" I was wondering if anyone is using this script, has expanded upon it, etc... Currently, I'm looking into ways to make it so that the turns added to the turn tracker via the script are hidden (like when you add the turn of a token from the GM layer). If anyone knows a solution or an obvious fix, it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!
check on the forum for AICT (add INVISIBLE custom turn) from the Aaron. It already exists somewhere
Thanks, I'll try it out. Link is here if anyone is interested:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6606108/hidden-custom-turn-order-items/?pageforid=6606389" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6606108/hidden-custom-turn-order-items/?pageforid=6606389</a>