Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to get successes with inline rolls and modifiers

Dan W.
Sheet Author
Hi, I'm trying to do the inline roll equivalent of this: /roll {1d20-3*@{spell_level}}>13 I think the above will work because I know this works: /roll {1d20-3*2}>13, but I can't figure out right now how to access the attribute 'spell_level', roll20 keeps complaining that 'No character was found for 'spell_level'' Despite that holdup, is there a way to do this as an inline roll?
Gauss
Forum Champion
If you type out the roll or you use a Macro (settings tab macro) then you need to include the character name for the attribute. Macro (settings tab macro) example: @{Character name|attribute name} If you are using an Ability (Attributes and Abilities tab in a Character) then you will not need to use the character name. Ability (macro) example: @{attribute name} Inline version of your macro: [[{1d20-3*@{spell_level}}>13]]