Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hide turn order?

Is there any way to hide the turn ticker box from the PC's? As the GM I'd like to have the option to have them not know exactly how many enemies are in the vicinity. With everyone in that turn list,they automatically just know right off the bat exactly what they're dealing with.   Maybe a way to hide certain tokens off of the turn ticker to be only visible by the GM?
Dylan G.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Unless I am mistaken, a token on the GM layer doesn't appear in the turn order for players.
is there an end turn button that the players can hit?
Dylan G. said: Unless I am mistaken, a token on the GM layer doesn't appear in the turn order for players. Correct, anything added to the turn tracker that is on the GM layer won't show up for players (but will be faded on the DM's view).  If you move the token to the Object layer they will be added automatically for all players.  This allows you to quickly add a "hidden" token to combat.  If the DM moves the current turn to a hidden token it will show up as the next visible token on the list.   There isn't an "end turn" button for players, no.  This could be more effort to implement than it's worth.  For instance, how would you determine who gets to end their turn?  Control of the token?  What if the GM doesn't want players to be able to end their own turns?  Would you add a check box as another option to each token?  A global option?   Much easier to have the players just say "I'm done" and have the GM click the button but maybe I'm underestimating the appeal of players being able to click it instead.  To directly your questions...no.  It's possible they could implement it in the future but I haven't seen any discussion about adding it. Hope that helps.
Thanks guys! 
There isn't an "end turn" button for players, no.  This could be more effort to implement than it's worth.  For instance, how would you determine who gets to end their turn?  Control of the token?  What if the GM doesn't want players to be able to end their own turns?  Would you add a check box as another option to each token?  A global option?   Much easier to have the players just say "I'm done" and have the GM click the button but maybe I'm underestimating the appeal of players being able to click it instead.  To directly your questions...no.  It's possible they could implement it in the future but I haven't seen any discussion about adding it. Hope that helps. The same could be said about giving players the ability to edit their initiative, except ending turns happens a lot more often than adding initiative. If you factor six players and 10-20 seconds of lag time / players assuming the GM knows they are done / spacing out, that adds up over the course of a game. Plus it is kind of a hassle to have players verbally say 'I'm done' each and every time. The other side of the coin, there is little downside to having players click when their turn is over, especially given how my groups tend to have side chats during combat, multitudes of 'I'm done' gets in the way of things.
Good point Dapper...I didn't even know players could edit their own initiative, neither I nor they ever thought to try it.  The "ownership" setup is likely already set up so adding a "next turn" button for players when its their turn should be pretty easy. Could be worth looking into if its an easy change.
Once the API is out for mentors, I plan to implement a /command for players to end their turns and advance the initiative tracker one step if possible. It's something I'm at least going to investigate the possibility of. 
Jonathan that would be awesome. I have some players who expect me, the gm, to know when they are done. It takes away from the emmersion if I have to prompt them to tell me when they are finished.