Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

map issue

for some odd reason my background keeps changing color...a moment ago it was bright green...now its this teal color. Anyone got an idea what i cliked to have it do that?

Edited 1691981004
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Kefrem! This feature was delivered late last year or early this year. It is a setting in your page settings . You can set the backdrop color manually to match the average color of the map's dominant color, set it manually, or turn the feature off altogether by setting the color to transparent.
er...where ive been a bit outta touch till recent.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The link explains how the feature works.
While it's supposed to pick a color based on the map, I have seen instances where it reverted to white with no map change, but would eventually go back to the previous color.  I hadn't observed a color shift like green to teal, was that the same map, or had you switched pages?

Edited 1692017533
Ken S. said: While it's supposed to pick a color based on the map, I have seen instances where it reverted to white with no map change, but would eventually go back to the previous color.  I hadn't observed a color shift like green to teal, was that the same map, or had you switched pages? Kefrem, If not changed it uses the dominant color on the map layer. That's why the Background is now green for you. When it was introduced it was set default to ON for each and every campaign / map. And YES, it is still strange from time to time which is why I disabled it completely for my campaigns. You can disable it completely: Go to Game Settings outside your campaign Set Backdrop Color to Transparent and UNCHECK / UNTOGGLE "Apply Dominant Color from Map Layer" IN GAME go to Settings > Advanced > Apply Default Settings CHECK "Backdrop Color" AND "Apply Dominant Color from Map Layer" and Confirm. WAIT for it to finish and everything is as before...