Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Repeating field set Issues and numbering.

so i have a issue. on when i click the add button the line shows up, when i fill out a box and try to go to another box to add information the line disappears. can someone tell me what is causing this. below is the html that has the fields in it.  <div class="equipment_line_4"> <div> <fieldset class="repeating_item_l">  <span> <div class="items"> <input   class="item_line_1" type="text"   name="attr_camp_item" value="Item"> <input   class="item_line_2" type="number" name="attr_camp_ammo"   value="0"   > <input   class="item_line_3" type="number" name="attr_camp_slot"   value="0"   > <input   class="item_line_3" type="number" name="attr_camp_qty"    value="0"   > </div> </span> </fieldset> </div> <h6>&nbsp </h6> <div> <fieldset class="repeating_item_r"> <span>  <div class="items"> <input   class="item_line_1" type="text"   name="attr_camp_item" value="Item"> <input   class="item_line_2" type="number" name="attr_camp_ammo"   value="0"   > <input   class="item_line_3" type="number" name="attr_camp_slot"   value="0"   > <input   class="item_line_3" type="number" name="attr_camp_qty"    value="0"   > </div> </span> </fieldset> </div> </div>

Edited 1692303949
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You cannot use underscores in your repeating section names. ;-( <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/BCS/Rep" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/BCS/Rep</a> ie this "repeating_item_l" will cause problems, but this "repeating_iteml" should be fine.

Edited 1692304062
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince is correct. Note that the repeating_ part is not part of the name, it's a flag to tell roll20 this is a repeating section, treat it accordingly. You must include that underscore, but cannot include any underscore after that. You can also freely include underscores in the inputs inside the repeating section. Including extra underscores in the repeating section name leads to weird behaviour, like that you have described.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
GiGs and Vince have already given the answer, but I'll add that my preferred way to handle multi-word repeating section names is to 1) avoid them as much as possible and 2) when I absolutely have to use them, I hyphenate the name (e.g. repeating_item-left). And, semi related, but I'd highly recommend using complete words for all names (including repeating section names. So instead of your sections being item-l and item-r, use item-left and item-right (assuming that's what the l/r stand for).
That worked thanks guys